Flashing Fairy lights

I have a little project if anyone can help.

I bought 4 sets of fairy lights and they are going to be quite high up. They have that little button where you can change the speed they flash at. As they are going to be high up it's inconvenient to keep pressing the little buttons every time I turn them on. I would really just like them to be steady and not flash at all. 

Does anyone know how I can amend the circuit so it is just steady when I turn on. The 2 wires with string around are power in. The other 4 go to the LED lights 20211213_140910.thumb.jpg.00a90103fcd77515dc162f715432367a.jpg20211213_140919.thumb.jpg.ae1f84600f7693a4501692e3778e146f.jpg20211213_140937.thumb.jpg.b4b1202834ddae537a2c798d03eac09b.jpg

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

"Some" of my sets remember the previous state.

The trouble is that little chap with 6 legs has a lot more smarts than the number of connections suggests.

Do you know what voltage the leds would be? I.e. could I just ditch the circuit board and connect directly to the 4 wires that go to the bulbs or is it a mini transformer as well

Edited by ConnectionNotGuaranteed

1 minute ago, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

Unfortunately the 2 Ronnied aren't in the area ????

Pleased you appreciated the humor.  

A suggestion - if the remote doesn't remember the previous state and needs resetting every time they're plugged in, try cutting all the wires close to the controller and splice in the appropriate length of cable you need to maintain the controller at a reachable height.

You could solder or simply use a screw connector to make safe.  I'm reasonably sure they're only 12V on the light side of the controller anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gsxrnz said:

Pleased you appreciated the humor.  

A suggestion - if the remote doesn't remember the previous state and needs resetting every time they're plugged in, try cutting all the wires close to the controller and splice in the appropriate length of cable you need to maintain the controller at a reachable height.

You could solder or simply use a screw connector to make safe.  I'm reasonably sure they're only 12V on the light side of the controller anyway.

I like the idea of extending the leads, but the "12V" on the LEDS could well be 12V between 208V and 220V rails. Just coz they have a low operating voltage doesn't mean you can safely touch them. That board will happily kill you!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

Do you know what voltage the leds would be? I.e. could I just ditch the circuit board and connect directly to the 4 wires that go to the bulbs or is it a mini transformer as well

It would depend upon the number of series LEDs and the resistor in the string. You could try measuring the voltage with the string set to steady we could then hazard a guess for a suitable series resistor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Yes see this video at about 13 minutes.

however you really really need to be hyper careful about exactly how you mount them as they almost certainly have the potential to provide a vastly more exciting experience than you want, this can if you are not very lucky give you accommodation with pretty young ladies in starchy uniforms, and if even less fortunate a staring role in the local temple bonfire.

After watching that I think I might have to think of a plan B????

37 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Probably too late for you, but next time why not get string of lights with remote control?

Lots of choice on Lazada:-  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/2835-rgb-5-led-strip-light-ip65-24-i3090538746-s11381905828.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.475.1c1612fe1Tvnk0&search=1

That might become plan B ????