What do Thai banks give you when you request a statement?

I need a Thai bank statement for address verification purposes in the UK. A poster in a thread from about five years ago was in a similar position and said the statement given to him wasn't accepted because it was the same as a printout of an online statement. Is that what the banks still give you if you request a statement? Like that poster, I've been specifically told a printout of an online statement is not acceptable. I think what they're looking for is an old school bank statement like you used to get through the post every month in the UK, or at least something that resembles that.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Your UK bank perhaps wants a letter similar to what Thai Immigration want for an extension.  On bank letterhead the letter would verify that you hold an account in good standing on the date the letter was issued.  You should be able to ask the bank to include your address as well.

They've specifically said that that wouldn't be acceptable and that it must be a bank statement.

Anyone received an actual statement from a Thai bank recently with their address on it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, higgy88 said:

This is what I got from my local Bangkok Bank when I requested a statement that included my address.  It cost the standard 100 baht.  It was 3 years ago, so not exactly recent.  It was accepted by the requester.

bank statement.jpg

Thank you very much. I think that will suffice, particularly with the signature and stamp at the bottom.

• Haha 1

If you have a UK bank account just change adress online and print out a statement.  Might have to change it over the phone. And print out your statement (natwest)  Never heard   of needing proof of address and a thai online bank statement is not accepted yes it is.   

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, phetphet said:

About three months ago I needed the same thing. My local Bangkok Bank wouldn't / couldn't give me one. It's not the staff's fault. They can only issue from a set of templates on the bank's computer.

They gave me a letter saying that I did indeed have an account at the bank, signed and stamped.

No matter how many times I asked, " But can you just add this?" The answer was always the same. "Sorry. Cannot."

Eventually the manager showed me the templates they can only use

And yet the above post shows that they can.

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2021 at 11:44 PM, edwardandtubs said:

I've been specifically told a printout of an online statement is not acceptable.

Online statements are not accepted by most Thai entities as they do not have a stamp and signature from the bank.

PS. Statements I get from TMB have the address as a matter of course.

Edited by sandyf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

And yet the above post shows that they can.

You seem to be forgetting that this is Thailand. Either the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing, or the default answer is "Cannot".

The above post shows it is possible from Kasikorn Bank, but I was also refused there. After getting the no no from Bangkok Bank I tried there with same result..

If the OP can do it. Good luck to him.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, John9 said:

I got statement with my full address here from Kasiokorn Bank few days bank. They charged THB 100 and proper print out with stamp and signature of person who did for me from customer service department.

For what?