Hua Hin: Provincial governor cracks down on "booze being sold in coffee mugs"

webfact

Guess the governor has been reading the AseaNow OPS and posts where every bargoer, barfly has expounded how they get around the serving alcohol issues.  I do not feel one bit sorry that this has occurred.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

Hua Hin was supposed to have been opened to foreign tourists at the start of last month but virtually none have arrived, notes ASEAN NOW.

Well they'll certainly be rushing in following this story.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He said information had been received about alcohol being served where it shouldn't. 

Action was also to be taken against music being played and staff not wearing their masks.

Hua Hin was supposed to have been opened to foreign tourists at the start of last month but virtually none have arrived,

I can't think why no-one would want to go... 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He ordered the police and DOPA to take action against establishments breaking the booze ban by serving in cups to circumvent the law.. 

Wouldn't it be better to Order the cops to do their job and start enforcing the Law on the traffic on the road and Corruption? That will safe more lives then a couple mugs of alcohol .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Wouldn't it be better to Order the cops to do their job and start enforcing the Law on the traffic on the road and Corruption? That will safe more lives then a couple mugs of alcohol .

Yes, the entire fixation on alcohol is coming down from this self-appointed moral guardian leader...moronfest.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Meanwhile at the Police Station; no matter what he 'orders'............Zzzzzzz.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Remind me , wasn't there a song some years ago about ' On the road to corruption '.

13 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

When I first came out here I resided in a hotel in Hua hin and I remember alc. was served in coffee cups , can't remember why , was it the time of day or summat else. Hotel was  Top Marks.

I used to stay at Top Marks as well until I bought my condo. It was a fun place in a great location. New ownership now renamed Sophia the original owners moved to a new guest house in Cha-Am. Might have been on account of a religious holiday or King’s BD.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 10:52 PM, webfact said:

It was discovered that alcohol was being sold in coffee cups. Staff were also not wearing masks and music was being played.

Good lord, a COVID trifecta!

I hope they survived.