new passport visa-transfer-----can it be done anywhere?

Greetings.
I would like to ask the experts the following question:
Can a Non-I visa issued in Isan be transferred to a new passport anywhere, i.e. in another province?
The person in question has just received his new passport while visiting Chiang Mai and now would like to transfer his visa at Chiang Mai Immigration.
If possible, which documents/requirements (apart from the embassy-visa-transfer-letter) would be necessary?
Thank you everybody!

The stamp transfer has to be done at the designated office for where a person is living.

The will need this form completed. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport

Copy of the new passport photo page. Copies of the old passport photo page, visa, arrival stamp, extension stamp and TM6 departure card. At some offices they will want a copy of every page that has a visa or stamp for Thailand on it.

• Like 1

My own experience is slightly different. 

When I obtained new passport (few years back) I went to CW with  embassy letter and passports in hand etc.

The non O visa details and extension were transfered. I then went to reentry permit desk to transfer my reentry permit.

I was told that I needed to have it done where it was issued. That was in fact DMK airport.

They would not do it at CW.

I live in Bangkok.

20 minutes ago, Monkol said:

What is the time allowed for the visa-transfer?
And, is there any penalty if done late?

No and no.

If leaving the country best to it before leaving.

It has to be done when or before you apply for a extension.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No and no.

If leaving the country best to it before leaving.

It has to be done when or before you apply for a extension.

If you do the transfer at CW do you need to go to MTT to report it as well or can you wait until your next 90 is due.

You can't use the new on-line system if you have new passport and have to go in person.

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

If you do the transfer at CW do you need to go to MTT to report it as well or can you wait until your next 90 is due.

You only need to do it at CW. 

When you need to do a 90 day report you just need to show your new passport with stamp transfers done.

19 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You can't use the new on-line system if you have new passport and have to go in person.

The new system will let you do a report with a new passport but getting it approved could be a problem but it if you had already done the stamp transfer they can check there records to confirm the stamp transfer was done.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need to do it at CW. 

When you need to do a 90 day report you just need to show your new passport with stamp transfers done.

The new system will let you do a report with a new passport but getting it approved could be a problem but it if you had already done the stamp transfer they can check there records to confirm the stamp transfer was done.

Original report on 3rd Dec on here says cannot be used for first 90 day report or for new passport holders.

I only want to know if MTT have any time limit between transfer of stamps and reporting that at MTT.