Michelin Guide Thailand 2022 sees six new restaurants awarded Stars

snoop1130

294857F7-CA1C-49C3-9F10-DD78EB862197.jpeg

The latest Michelin Guide Thailand has been released, featuring new restaurant additions, from fine-dining to street food, in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Phang-nga, with Ayutthaya being the latest province added to the list.

The Michelin Guide for Bangkok, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Chiang Mai, Phuket & Phang-Nga 2022, the fifth edition covering fine dining in Thailand, includes 361 restaurants. Among them are six restaurants which have retained Two Michelin Stars, 26 with One Michelin Star (including six new entries), 133 with Bib Gourmand awards (including 33 new additions) and 196 other recommended restaurants.

The new restaurants awarded with One Michelin Star are all located in Bangkok:

• – Aksorn, a Thai restaurant inspired by the chef’s collection of Thai cookbooks from the 1940s up to the 1970s.
  • – Côte by Mauro Colagreco, a French contemporary restaurant with contemporary Riviera inspired cuisine.
  • – Gaa, which offers Indian dishes with a modern twist, along with a street food inspired tasting menu.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/michelin-guide-thailand-2022-sees-six-new-restaurants-awarded-stars/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 2

So the Michelin tire company started the Michelin guide with star ratings for restaurants to get people to travel more.  Thus wearing their tires out faster.

I never knew until I saw the photo in the article and decided to check.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rwill said:

So the Michelin tire company started the Michelin guide with star ratings for restaurants to get people to travel more.  Thus wearing their tires out faster.

Its just another facet of the evil cabal of powerful world players ... ???? 

Don't know about these particular establishments but I have eater some of the most delicious food of my life in LOS and at the least pretentious of establishments at that. 

I've had the fortune to eat in a few of the M Star spots on the planet too, and man they were superb.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:41 AM, rwill said:

Think the whole thing kicked off as a guide to where you could buy gasoline/petrol while touring in France. Then added places where you could  get a meal while on the road. From there it became the monster it is now.

Edited by overherebc