Education Visa

Anyone done Education Visa recently?

Received approval letter from Ministry of Education. Visa application submitted at Bangkok immigration. Met with immigration officer at language school and photo was taken with officer. Now need to go back to immigration to get outcome of visa.

Would like to know if anyone know what to expect when you go back to immigration for outcome? Is it just a formality, will there be questions asked?

You need to go to immigration every 3 months to 'confirm' the visa. 

The immi officer will sometimes give you a Thai language test before approving. 

I guess you are learning Thai at a Thai language school?

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

The immi officer will sometimes give you a Thai language test before approving. 

I guess you are learning Thai at a Thai language school?

I had ed visa the first time I came to Thailand and immigration never test me with Thai language skill 

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

There is no confirmation of a visa other then using it when entering the country.

For attending a language school you have apply for 90 day extensions of stay (it is not a via).

9 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I had ed visa the first time I came to Thailand and immigration never test me with Thai language skill 

Not the first time but the subsequent 'extension' every 3 months. You're lucky if they didn't test you.

Edited by EricTh

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no confirmation of a visa other then using it when entering the country.

For attending a language school you have apply for 90 day extensions of stay (it is not a via).

What I meant was the so-called 'extension' or 'renewal' of whatever they call it.

Edited by EricTh

Thank you all. Perhaps i didn't explain myself properly. What I meant need to go back to immigration for the visa to be issued. Wanted to know will questions be asked like proof funds, etc or will the visa just be issued, no questions asked?

10 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I was tested for my Thai language skills, which was rather a surprise as I was learning Chinese! ????

26 minutes ago, LauChan said:

Thank you all. Perhaps i didn't explain myself properly. What I meant need to go back to immigration for the visa to be issued. Wanted to know will questions be asked like proof funds, etc or will the visa just be issued, no questions asked?

The visa will just be issued, no questions asked

2 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

I went immigration every 3 months for get an extension and they never tested me as well

My British classmate went for extension two years ago and his extension was rejected because he couldn't pass the verbal Thai language test.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, LauChan said:

As long as you got the letter from your school, there shouldn't be any question asked.

However, you still need to go for extension every 3 months.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

I was tested for my Thai language skills, which was rather a surprise as I was learning Chinese! ????

Didn't you explain to them that you are learning Chinese instead of Thai?

Where did you learn Thai in the first place?

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

My British classmate went for extension two years ago and his extension was rejected because he couldn't pass the verbal Thai language test.

I don't know what to say about that. Maybe as I already said I've been very lucky to never get tested ????