Immigration Cha Am

Yes OP you will have to go to Ta Yang but not for long anymore.

They are building a new immigration office closer to Cha-am it is very close to Santorini water park.

It is very near to my house so i see the building going on every day,my guess is a few more months and it will be ready.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, easydoor said:

There is not one in Cha Am but Cha Am is only 25km from Hua Hin, so no at the ende of the world. You even have one there at Blue Port Shopping Center.

Hua Hin is a different province.........so cannot use......duh

As others have stated the correct IO is in Tha Yang. It's on the main highway No. 4 as you approach the centre of Tha Yang on the Left hand side just past SCB branch.

I used to use Tha Yang IO as we have a house in Cha Am and found them rude and slow. The final straw was when I applied for an extension and firstly my bank deposit letter was obtained on a Friday afternoon but then not accepted on a Monday morning. Once I had walked 2 KM to obtain a new letter there was a further problem because I had 'Too much money in my bank account'.

I wanted to call them out and report them but my Thai wife followed the Thai way and advised me against it.

Just my experience, I now use Nonthaburi and there is a significant difference for the better.

Edited by DaLa
Location added
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, easydoor said:

There is not one in Cha Am but Cha Am is only 25km from Hua Hin, so no at the ende of the world. You even have one there at Blue Port Shopping Center.

Bluport shopping center office is now no longer processing 90 day reports, only service they offer is tourist visa extensions, I.e. TM7. It was nice to pop in there for a quick 90 day report, they are forcing us to use the new online 90 day report.

On 12/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, jvs said:

They are building a new immigration office closer to Cha-am it is very close to Santorini water park.

It is very near to my house so i see the building going on every day,my guess is a few more months and it will be ready.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 12/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, jvs said:

@jvs

any news on new office in Cha Am?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pe747 said:

@jvs

any news on new office in Cha Am?

Rumours are is it going to open in December but you never know.

The building seems to be nearly finished,it is painted on the outside.

They need to make a parking lot and the road needs to be finished.

Sorry i can not tell you more at this time.

• 5 months later...

Have been to the new immigration office in Cha Am for the first time today.

Compared to Tha Yang: nearer to my living place, nice office, plenty of parking space, no waiting outside (well, already low season) The same officers working here as before in Tha Yang. Still a little inefficient working structure ( One person checks the papers and from time to time she brings them to the officer, handling the task, so sometimes, if she is super busy the papers stack at her desk) Waited around 50 minutes to get my Re Entry Visa.

But if I read here in this forum about other immigration offices ("The gates of hell"), we could be happy with ours in Cha AM????