Dual citizen child leaving on a foreign passport with no Thai entry stamp

Jackie66

I've found a years old post where a foreign mother was allowed to leave Thailand via Bkk airport with her Dual citizenship baby born in Thailand with the foreign passport but not much more so does anyone know if this is possible.

So leaving Thailand (Bkk airport) with a dual citizenship child (12yo if it makes any difference) on his EU passport issued by the embassy with no stamps in it? Anything forbidding this?

I know normally would leave and enter on Thai passport but if no valid Thai passport at the moment but only the EU one and showing up at the airport with only a valid EU passport with no entry stamps? 

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

There could be problems returning but leaving is easy. 

I was under the impression it wouldn't be that easy ????  In that other thread the woman was allowed to leave but after 2 hours of discussions.  Anyone else was able to leave with a dual citizenship child with no entry stamp in foreign passport?

Only If the child never has left Thailand it can leave on the foreign passport, on show of the birth certificate that clarifies why there is no entry stamp. 

If the other parent is not present, immigration will probably ask for proof of permission from the other parent to leave the country.