Thailand Road Carnage video: Innocent ladies and child in Mirage have no chance as truck/trailer swerves

webfact

2 hours ago, PadPrikKhing said:

I watched the video about six times in a row to try to discern why he swerved, and I'm convinced too (that it was a deliberate swerve). I think he was <deleted> off that the victim's car emerged from the right side of the other truck they were both passing and that she was going to pass him. Probably meth-addled road rage.

I watched it many times too, and I think your exactly right .Many years ago I used to drive big rigs like this and they do not shoot across the road even if a tyre blows out or you hit the biggest of potholes.

Another video shown on Thai TV pinpoints the drain that the truck hit, the cover was missing. This MIGHT explain why the truck swerved so violently. As to why the driver ran away, he probably did think he had killed the cars passengers, and panicked; no real excuse, but just Thai mentality - run, then think.

5 hours ago, SW Happy said:

I watched it many times too, and I think your exactly right .Many years ago I used to drive big rigs like this and they do not shoot across the road even if a tyre blows out or you hit the biggest of potholes.

You weren't looking very hard, you can clearly see the two rear drive axles leaving the ground and something goes under them. This tractor is a 6x4.

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly

13 hours ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

You weren't looking very hard, you can clearly see the two rear drive axles leaving the ground and something goes under them. This tractor is a 6x4.

I know its 6x4 double drive as most low loaders are here. I also saw the rear axles jump as if he hit something or hole in road, I'm sure you probably know the inside lane of Thailands carriageways are full of holes some big some small, That would not make a lorry of that size swerve to the outside lane.

Of course it is possible he panicked and swerved, also possible this was the result of an earlier altercation.

One good thing is that no one died luckily.