New Isuzu

Just bought a new Isuzu 3.0L D-Max Highlander and am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of before the initial 5000km service ?

I would have initially sent it in for a look over at 1000km but is this really warranted ?

Also, what about oil for this motor - any suggestions ?

Basically any help appreciated.

Just bought a new Isuzu 3.0L D-Max Highlander and am wondering if there is anything I should be aware of before the initial 5000km service ?

I would have initially sent it in for a look over at 1000km but is this really warranted ?

It never hurts to have the dealer look over the vehicle at 1,000 kilometers. Since the vehicle is new, just have it serviced at the dealer recommended intervals and don't worry about it. The dealer will put in the recommended oil and it will be fine.

Right, don't worry about it. For very new cars I'd stick to the prescribed service intervals until it's broken in better. Then you could space it out a bit more, do the intermediate service at a gas station and just pick one of the medium priced oils they offer. Pick a gas station that also services and where you like the staff.

Sell it, buy a Ford, Isuzu's are crap.

Sell it, buy a Ford, Isuzu's are crap.

Yes of course the most popular pickup manufacturer (only just) is crap.

I could easily say Fords' are crap, and back that up by saying they have the lowest monthly sales figures of all truck manufacturers'.

1.Isuzu

2.Toyota

3.Mitsu

4.Nissan

5.Mazda

6.Ford

Isuzu and Toyota regularlly swap places at the top. That said the sales for 1 and 2 placed manufacturers are almost identical, with the 3rd placed manufacturer selling less than 1/3 of the top 2 (individually btw, not combined). The last report I saw showed that Ford and Mazda combined sold less than 1000 trucks (think these were the figures for April) with Toyota and Isuzu around the 45000 mark each.

So I challenge you, what makes Isuzu crap and Ford so great? Because on sales evidence alone the majority disagree with you.

Sorry I can't provide a link to the sales info, I seem to remember reading it in the BKK post about 2 weeks ago.