Successful Extension of Stay Report at CW

I went to CW on Tuesday to get another Non O Extension of Stay for retirement. On arrival, you fill out a Covid declaration. Received queue ticket at 13:00. This has a QR code so you can check your progress using the photo app on your phone. I was number 90 in the queue. At 15:45 I gave my documents to the 'Document Check' desk, and then waited. My number came up and a second officer checked all my documents (passport, 12 months bank statement, K Bank certificate of balance, bank passbook,TM30, and hand drawn location plan of my address), asked me to sign 3 forms (minimum bank balances, overstay and one other), took my pic, took fee of 1,900, gave me receipt and stamped new extension in my passport. She did not ask to see the original of my TM30 and did not need the 'credit Advice/Receipt' form from K Bank providing details of inward transfer (some years they want it, and some years they don't). I then had to go and see a third officer who checked everything again. She looked very carefully at my bank statement whilst cross referencing the info with my passport. My balance was never less than a fraction under 700K. I was then asked to wait. My passport and bank passbook disappeared into the dark hole of bureaucracy. Twenty minutes later they were returned to me by a smiley chap/chapette. Don't try and understand the multiple checking; bureaucracy has its own logic. I was done and dusted by 16:45, but then waited 30 minutes for a taxi willing to turn on the meter. Hope this is of use to anyone about to do their annual extension. 

• Thanks 1