Natural phenomenon causes steps at Pak Nam Pran beach to turn green

webfact

pak-nam-pran-algae-696x390.png

By Paul Andrews

The steps at Pak Nam Pran beach in Pranburi have turned green after being covered in algae.

The algae, which covers the steps at the beach for more than two kilometres is the result of an annual natural phenomenon which is known to occur on the beach between November and January.

Locals described the appearance of the algae to be like green velvet covering the steps and said that it has a beautiful shine in the sunlight.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/natural-phenomenon-causes-steps-at-pak-nam-pran-beach-to-turn-green/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-12-24

On 12/24/2021 at 10:51 AM, Geoffggi said:

I would imagine very slippery also, hope they display warnings

Ice would offer extreme grip in comparison to this stuff!

Still have a scar on my hand from slipping on these exact steps when very carefully walking down them during New Years 3 years ago.  The ONE barnacle within many meters just happened to be where my hand came crashing down to 'save' myself.   Nice deep cut, but no stitches needed fortunately.  Luckily I am middle aged and in good shape; this could literally be a death sentence for the average retired expat.

If I remember correctly there are at least a couple signs that are both in English and Thai.  I knew the risk, and tried my luck...   live and learn!  :)

• Like 1