Midea air conditioners

NanLaew

When I was working in Myanmar a couple of years back, we installed Midea brand air conditioning, hot water shower units, refrigerators and other white goods in all our camp sites. This stuff came from Malaysia rather than Thailand. The air conditioners were particularly good and worked OK on the sometimes lumpy camp power. I now see Midea products are more fully available in Thailand so, with a view to getting some bargain-priced (cool season) air conditioning installed, I am wondering if anyone here has instilled Midea air conditioners and what their opinion is. I am only interested in the smallest 9k btu units.

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-air-conditioners/midea/

Thanks,

NL

Edited by NanLaew

I just go by price to buy an air-con units don't care what make. 

It's taken some 15 years before anything has gone wrong with some of our Air-cons.

Get me cleaned every 6month if there used a lot. 

Every year of not used much has been our maintenance plan. 

Never had one where I lived yet I lived in China for 15+ years and stayed in many hotels with Midea and all functioned well. I worked in supply chain management and did a potential JV tour of Midea's manufacturing facility. It was state of the art. automated, LEAN,  spotless facilities, with high employee morale. Midea does contact manufacturing for many of the most expensive European branded white goods. Many German high end stoves, dishwashers, microwaves, etc. as well as UK name brands are manufactured by Midea. I did not evaluate their engineering yet I would expect a high degree of learned expertise. They do source and build to the highest European specifications. No guarantee all will be well yet I hope my view adds some value. 

Edited by RayOday
  • Thanks 1

When my 6 year old Samsung (never again) AC expired 2 years ago, my neighborhood AC dealer from whom I'd had 10 times better service than from Samsung, recommended Midea (his main line product is Daikin but out of my price range).  He said he had sold them for 4 years and had few problems.  He promised to personally back-up the warrantee for 5 years. I bought a 23,000 BTU inverter unit

Both the inside unit and the outdoor fan unit are quieter than the Samsung ever was.  The inverter seems to work well, adjusting to temperature variations.  My electricity bill remained essentially unchanged.

All the moving parts function well: the fan and the directional slats.  The remote batteries lasted a full year.

I'm a happy customer.

Edited by dddave