If on ED visa+COVID extensions, can you change school to extend ED visa?

I studied Thai on an ED visa, at a private school for 1 year. Currently on COVID extensions.

I wanted to get a Non-Immigrant B visa outside the country to start working, and things were finally looking good, but with Omicron, everything is closing back up. I'm thinking of studying Thai again, but at a university.

Would it be possible to do extensions based on studying Thai again (from COVID extensions), but for a university instead of the original language school? In other words, going from ED visa + COVID extensions ... to new school/university on ED visa + extensions based on studying.

Edited by ThLT

If you are studying at a Thai univ, wouldn't it be better to ask the univ staff that is handling the case?

They will be able to give you a more accurate answer whether you need to exit or not.

Which univ is this?

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

Yeah you’ll be able to do no problem - met a lot of people who studied at a language school and then at a uni after. 

The uni Ed visa is a bit different to the language schools and generally need a bit more evidence such as proof of financial funds / financial support etc. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 2:44 PM, ubonjoe said:

According to the written rules you could apply for a extension based upon attending a University.

With the correct supporting documents you should be able to it since you are still on a stay from a non-ed visa.

Thanks, ubonjoe.