Red Leicester Cheese

If you are using Red Leicester cheese for toasties you are wasting your money, especially if it's genuine "farmhouse" Red Leicester. You will only get the true "nutty" flavour by eating it as it comes, toasting or any other form of cooking kills the delicious taste. For toasting try a cheaper Cheddar!

If you are using Red Leicester cheese for toasties you are wasting your money, especially if it's genuine "farmhouse" Red Leicester. You will only get the true "nutty" flavour by eating it as it comes, toasting or any other form of cooking kills the delicious taste. For toasting try a cheaper Cheddar!

I of course do enjoy it also " as it comes" and with a range of other accompaniments but i still think its great on toast.

Ive tried many cheeses over the years, but for me on a toastie, red leicester is tops.

Thanks for pointing out the nutty tones in the cheese, my palate is not so sophisticated to detect.

I wasnt aware of the nutty flavour except when eating the marks and sparks variety of red leicester which has added wallnuts.... I wouldn't dream of melting that on toast.

My stock of this variety is also empty.

Still though ...is red leicester available in thailand? :o

Villa supermarket on Sukhumvit 11 has it, together with double gloucester, cheshire and, i once saw, wensleydale.

pricey though.

good news thanks for that. :o

Mrs and kids were planning on a trip up this weekend so they can pick up a few packs that should then get us through untill the end of the month.

Its not so cheap from home either ( uk ), what with school fees due on Friday aswell...an expensive week.

Update. I popped in on the way home last night. Several different brand of Red Leicester there, including - would you believe - organic.

Also all the others I mentioned, including Wensdleydale and port-infused crumbly cheddar.

Oh lordy.