Amazon Debit Card Refused From Kasikorn

I just ordered some items from Amazon USA and used my Kasikorn debit card (Virtual web shopping credit card) but it has been refused although it has worked for many years until now. Is this just a Kasikorn problem or are other debit cards having problems with International devit card purchases?

Like you, I regularly order from Amazon US, paying through my SCB debit card.   Did 4 separate orders this month, all gone through OK, as did a Kindle (Amazon order, same account) purchase yesterday.   First thing to check is your account balance, and then the expiry of your current card.

Just now, pagallim said:

Like you, I regularly order from Amazon US, paying through my SCB debit card.   Did 4 separate orders this month, all gone through OK, as did a Kindle (Amazon order, same account) purchase yesterday.   First thing to check is your account balance, and then the expiry of your current card.

Balance and Exp date OK, I think may be problem with Kasikorn. This morning I switched debit card from Kasikorn to SCB debit card but verification has still not been received from Amazon yet.

When you first started using SCB debit card did you have to go to branch to enable International purchases?

Thank you.

1 minute ago, livram said:

Balance and Exp date OK, I think may be problem with Kasikorn. This morning I switched debit card from Kasikorn to SCB debit card but verification has still not been received from Amazon yet.

When you first started using SCB debit card did you have to go to branch to enable International purchases?

Thank you.

Not that I recall, it was automatic.   Possibly the very  first time (many years ago) it asked for an OTP code, but can't recollect that.   You can amend your limits within the SCB Easy app.

Happened to me recently on Aliexpress.

I think it might have something to do with the recent cases in the media where lots of sums of money were being charged to people's cards.

Banks are now being much more careful.

Best to phone Kasikorn to get it rectified.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Olav Seglem said:

Happened to me in bangkok bank.

Due to recent internet frauds they made it impissible to use their cards outside thailand.

Then i called them and they opened up my card.

Now back to normal and woked with klm as well as european restaurants ????

Thanks for the info.

19 hours ago, Olav Seglem said:

Happened to me in bangkok bank.

Due to recent internet frauds they made it impissible to use their cards outside thailand.

Then i called them and they opened up my card.

Now back to normal and woked with klm as well as european restaurants ????

Same here with Krungthai -  phone them to fix it immediately.