Diesel B10 or Premium ??

fulhamster

I have a 2018 Nissan Terra, the previous owner sad he only used Premium diesel.

I asked at a Nissan dealer, who suggested I use "anything but B7"

Is there any real difference between the Premium and B10 (apart from price) and should I be able to use B10 ??

Thanks.

• Confused 1

B7 should be better than B10.  It has less corn syrup in it.  The biggest difference for premium is the additives they add to it to help clean the engine of deposits, other than cost.

On your gas tank lid there should be a decal with the recommended fuel for your vehicle.  Mine says B20 but I always use B7.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

"anything but B7"??

B7 is the standard Diesel fuel that most trucks use since ages.

Can't tell whether you will save money overall using B10.

As far as I can make it out, they are the same price now, B7 & B10.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bikerlou47 said:

I used B10 for several years but it caused a problem by gumming up my injectors, my mechanic said never use B10 only premium!

Well before others here get concerned maybe your engine needed an adjustment use B10 which wasn't done.

Did your mechanic know that or is your engine old or clocked up many kilos.

I've used B20 from new before they stopped selling it because of no demand.

Never had problems my mechanics clean my fuel filter every year needed or not and the truck has been using B10 ever since it's just over 5 years old..

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

"anything but B7"??

B7 is the standard Diesel fuel that most trucks use since ages.

Can't tell whether you will save money overall using B10.

I have used B20 until it was removed been using B10 no change in kilos to litre.

It's a case of finding out what grade of diesel the engine you have in your vehicle it can use the same what petroleum grade you can use in petrol engine.

To much scaremongering about and wild theories.

34 minutes ago, Geir Rasch said:

Isn’t it that B7 have 7% palm oil, B10 have 10% and Premium have none?
I will not have palm oil in my engine, so I will only use Premium diesel.

PTT premium is also be 7. But PTT, along with Bangchak (Leaf), meet Euro 5 standards, so have a lower sulfur content. This helps with dpf longevity.  think most tucks in Thailand are still Euro 4. Only a few like diesel benz and bmw use premium. My crv also used premium, but it can run on normal b7. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, rwill said:

B7 should be better than B10.  It has less corn syrup in it.  The biggest difference for premium is the additives they add to it to help clean the engine of deposits, other than cost.

On your gas tank lid there should be a decal with the recommended fuel for your vehicle.  Mine says B20 but I always use B7.

yes ford recommended B7 not premium diesel for my Ranger no probs with it 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

yes ford recommended B7 not premium diesel for my Ranger no probs with it 

The new Rangers can take B10 no problem to. 

Ford says 2•2 & 3•2 Rangers comparable with using B10. 

The new 2•0 Rangers also. 

I think in main as someone has said if prices are much the same go with what your happy with whether you know or don't know what fuel your vehicle takes. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Price isn't a big issue for me because I don't put on a lot of KMs, only 108,000 in 8 years. What I don't like to do is use a load of different fuels from diverse agents. I stick with PTT because there are so many that I can always find one. B7 is all I have ever used, with the exception of one tank of the Shell premium for comparison a few years ago. No noticeable difference to me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

So if neither are available to you I guess you will walk. ????

Why would neither be available? Do you envisage a fuel crisis? If so, it wouldn't be only me who had to walk. I never go below a 1/4 tank and never had a problem thus far but in an emergency of course I would consider alternatives

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Why would neither be available?

Do you envisage a fuel crisis?

If so, it wouldn't be only me who had to walk. I never go below a 1/4 tank and never had a problem thus far but in an emergency of course I would consider alternatives

OK hypothetical but possible you and others may walk but not me because  "conventional diesel engines can be modified to help ensure that the viscosity of the vegetable oil is low enough to allow proper atomization of the fuel."

As said I think in main as someone has said if prices are much the same go with what your happy with whether you know or don't know what fuel your vehicle takes. 

On 12/29/2021 at 10:19 AM, Geir Rasch said:

Where did you find Premium diesel. I found one in Chaiyphum but after enter the station this pump was closed. I can not find any station with Premium diesel in a wide cirkel around Chaiyaphum

On 12/29/2021 at 10:19 AM, Geir Rasch said:

Look closely next time you fill up with 'Premium' to see the B7 either on the pump handle or sign on the price 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Max Brok said:

Where did you find Premium diesel. I found one in Chaiyphum but after enter the station this pump was closed. I can not find any station with Premium diesel in a wide cirkel around Chaiyaphum

Yes, there are not many. I found one in Khon Kaen on Mitraphap and another one along 12 before Nong Rua.