Traffic on Highway 304 Increase s as People Head Home for the Holidays

snoop1130

6054318d100876fb44921b964e99721c_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The number of motorists on the road has been steadily increasing as people begin returning home for the New Year holidays.

According to traffic reports this morning, more vehicles were seen on Highway 304 passing Chachoengsao’s Phanom Sarakham district, though there have been no reports of congestion so far. According to observers along the highway in Kabin Buri district of Nakhon Ratchasima province, vehicles were maintaining speeds of between 80-100 kilometers per hour as they drove outbound towards their destinations.

Many people have already begun their holiday break or taken early leave to head out to their hometowns or vacation destinations to enjoy the New Year holidays. Heavier traffic on this highway is expected going into this evening.

nnt.jpg

5 hours ago, Ombra said:

And what is the speed limit?

On hwy 4, most is 120 allowed for cars, (4 lane divided hwy), all others 80 or 90 kph.  Through city limits, and can drop down to 60 kph, and in town, unless posted, should be 25 or 30 kph, if memory serves.   

With those numbers, it's obviously illegal, high speeds & no helmets accounting for all the road casualties, with a little stupidity added in.  Today's cars, you could easily survive a head on crash if both driving at 60 kph.

That 120 or even 90 kph is a dream, when out & about.  I'm happy if I can average 80 kph when driving any distance.  Inter-province roads with intersections and traffic light, don't really fit my description of an inter-province highway.

Much better now without the tourists (buses & vans), but still slow going at times near and through metro areas.  Timing is everything of course.