Don’t Dare To Complain (about Sansiri building quality)

7 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

.....and building yourself is better than both.

It has its own set of challenges but yes,   I have done building, renovating, renting, buying off plan and buying fully built.  Thailand has decent consumer laws but lousy private criminal complaint ts system whereby complaints can be met with a punishing legal process most don’t have the stomach or financials to follow.. 

Edited by teutonian

• 5 months later...
50 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

Ok. Go ahead and argue with a Thai and see what happens.

Plenty of times...  although it makes sense to pick and choose where as if we are generalising it could be argued that they tend to handle any form of verbal disagreement with disproportionate extremes of emotion.... many do not have the tools to handle a disagreement. 

-----

Small on topic example: 

Wife and I purchasing a house... deposit paid etc under the written agreement that anything which needed fixing within the first 2 years would be fixed by the property management company at their cost. 

We had a few ‘flaws’ we wanted fixed, in many cases the rep or the property management company made excuses that it was ‘normal’.... I argued it may be normal for him not for me, if his standard are low thats not my problem. 

Down stairs toilet was blocked... he blamed it on toilet paper I argued that there was something bigger at fault and forced them to bring in contractors to remove the toilet and investigate (they found that the toilet was poorly installed and misaligned by the way), I insisted that the contractors check the alignment of all the other toilets in the house (they were ok). 

The company rep really didn’t like that he couldn’t just ‘speak’ and that be the solution, i.e. he didn’t like that he couldn’t brush me off with his BS....   he was clearly used to others just agreeing with him. 

We had quite a discussion never heated, but at one point he was physically shaking, I actually thought he was going to swing for me !!!...

He was fired shortly afterwards, clearly others had the same complaints. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

Ok. Go ahead and argue with a Thai and see what happens.

Plenty of times.

Example:

Just changed out a kitchen in condo, when they were removing hob they cracked it, offered me discount, i said no, offered me another hob that was an inferior brand, i said no, Then came the water works, they cut from my salary....tough luck, i wanted it replace like for like. They played the game and i waited 8 months but got the one i wanted, only once installed and checked did i sign off final paperwork.

At no time was there any aggression, they were not happy but it was their mistake, not mine.

Do you just let people walk all over you here? Did you do that in your country of origin too? 

• Like 2