Chiang Mai hotels warned about Test and Go violations after tourists let out early

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Bangkok Business News

Health authorities in Chiang Mai have warned hoteliers involved in Test and Go that they must follow the rules or face expulsion from the scheme.

Bangkok Business News reported on a meeting attended by deputy governor of the northern Thai province Worawit Chaisawat along with health authorities and the local branch of the TAT.

They met a group of 20 hoteliers headed by the chief of the northern Thai hoteliers' association La-iat Bungsrithong.

The meeting heard how one project called Charming had failed in its responsibilities for Test and Go.

It was claimed that they had not met tourists at the airport, allowed them to wander round the airport buying things and after they had checked-in had allowed them to leave the hotel before RT-PCR tests came back. 

All hotels involved in Test and Go were reminded of their responsibilities with a warning that if they failed to follow the rules they would relinquish their right to be involved.

The scheme is currently suspended for new applications until January 4th but the backlog continue to enter Thailand, notes ASEAN NOW.

Decisions are expected next week as to whether it continues or not. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-12-29

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

So what do the morons in the Health Authorities suggest hotels do when tourists decide to up and go? Lock them in their rooms, gather a gang of waiters and drag them off and tie them up, hold them at gun-point, call the police and have them arrested - and put their children up for adoption?

If tourists decide to settle the bill and just go I suggest there is nothing the hotel can do about it except perhaps inform the authorities. Any heavy-handed approaches will almost certainly add to the rapidly diminishing tourist numbers as word gets out about the Thai Police State's draconian behaviour. This will add to recent stories about Thai Police "Hunting" tourists - who wants to visit a Police State ruled by a Military Dictator? I suggest only those with a home and family here and returning are forming the majority of "visitors"!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

It was claimed that they had not met tourists at the airport, allowed them to wander round the airport buying things and after they had checked-in had allowed them to leave the hotel before RT-PCR tests came back. 

Did anyone expect any different?

There isn't going to be many tourists to worry about.

I think they'll have to admit this season and much of next is going down the drain.

Hopefully it brings much of the "government" with  it.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

Those hoteliers better be handing in their badges and guns. Not much good at being tourist guards. If the police aren't going to catch these wayward tourist and lock them up for the betterment of the all, then what motivation does that provide the hotel guards?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Those hoteliers better be handing in their badges and guns. Not much good at being tourist guards. If the police aren't going to catch these wayward tourist and lock them up for the betterment of the all, then what motivation does that provide the hotel guards?

300 baht a day

And bowl of gruel!

7 hours ago, cliveshep said:

So what do the morons in the Health Authorities suggest hotels do when tourists decide to up and go? Lock them in their rooms, gather a gang of waiters and drag them off and tie them up, hold them at gun-point, call the police and have them arrested - and put their children up for adoption?

If tourists decide to settle the bill and just go I suggest there is nothing the hotel can do about it except perhaps inform the authorities. Any heavy-handed approaches will almost certainly add to the rapidly diminishing tourist numbers as word gets out about the Thai Police State's draconian behaviour. This will add to recent stories about Thai Police "Hunting" tourists - who wants to visit a Police State ruled by a Military Dictator? I suggest only those with a home and family here and returning are forming the majority of "visitors"!

Wow, full points for a long and very silly and very very over the top ignorant comment. 

On 12/29/2021 at 4:40 PM, scorecard said:

Wow, full points for a long and very silly and very very over the top ignorant comment. 

Well, in the spirit of even-handedness and fairness even to trolls do please enlighten me as to your analysis of my post earning such kudos from you. Silly - well maybe, but why not enlighten me as to which points are wrong and what in my "very very ott ignorant comment." shows ignorance and over what points? Go for it my oh so clever and articulate responder - explain what exactly hotels are expected to do to prevent the actions described. Show us all that you are not just spouting hot air - share your ineffable wisdom! I await your enlightened responses with bated breath. 

I would expect that genuine tourists are more likely to follow these rules , simply because they are in a foreign country and perhaps a bit more fearful of the "Authorities". 

Returning Nationals possibly not so . Can't get most of them to turn their mobiles off nor remain seated until the aircraft has come to a complete stop !

• Haha 1