Lost departure card and 60TR extension

I entered Thailand on the fifth of this month on a 60 day visa. Somewhere along the way at the airport, I lost my departure card. I hope to go sometime in late January to Chaeng Wattana and extend it for another 30 days. Is the lost TM6 going to be a minor matter that can be sorted out before the extension, be a complete disaster or somewhere in the middle? 

Thanks for your help.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need to get a new TM6 card before you apply for the 30 day extension at Chaeng Wattana.

The K desk at the Muang Thong Thani office is the designated place to get a a new TM6 card.

OK, thanks. Not a worst-case scenario but a real hassle and I've learned my lesson.

2 minutes ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

OK, thanks. Not a worst-case scenario but a real hassle and I've learned my lesson.

Your not the first. Common thing.

Your only hassel is separate office.

Fortunately MTT is shortish trip from CW so you could do both same day.

• Like 1

Can I just jump in and ask:-  do you still need the TM6 even after doing 90 day report?

I usually visit Thailand with TR visa and leave within 60 days.  This time I'll be here for a year (or more).  Do I really have to keep hold of the same scrappy little slip of paper year after year?

4 minutes ago, ed79 said:

Do I really have to keep hold of the same scrappy little slip of paper year after year?

Yes.

Difficult? No.

You will require TM6 for anything to do with immigration and even things such as TDL. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ed79 said:

Do I really have to keep hold of the same scrappy little slip of paper year after year?

Yes you do.

I have one that is over a decade old. It is taped together and stays on the same page in my passport.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

Difficult? No.

You will require TM6 for anything to do with immigration and even things such as TDL. 

I thought so.  Maybe I should start to store it somewhere safe rather than folded inside my passport.  It's already getting a little wrinkled. ????

21 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Mine was/is always stapled to a back page of my passport.  How can you lose that unless you lose your passport?

+1, stapled in and left there.  First one was lost within the first week of arriving back in the day and I needed to get a police report in Nonthaburi, where I was living, then on to CW I went for my extension of stay after obtaining a new TM6.

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes you do.

I have one that is over a decade old. It is taped together and stays on the same page in my passport.

You didn’t exit from 10 yrs? Wow

Guess you're deeply in love with Thailand 

• Like 1

It doesn't refer immediately to your problem, because you have lost your departure-card just after leaving the airport.

After returning to our home every time I make a (colored) copy of it in the same size and save it in my handbag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They use the number on that paper. It’s good to have copies of everything on your phone and also print it out, so that you might use that if you lose it. Also, lately, some are saying do not staple anything to the passport as somebody may consider it mutilation. Rather, use a paperclip.

25 minutes ago, flbkk said:

They use the number on that paper. It’s good to have copies of everything on your phone and also print it out, so that you might use that if you lose it. Also, lately, some are saying do not staple anything to the passport as somebody may consider it mutilation. Rather, use a paperclip.

Immigration offices are still stapling the TM6 and 90 day/TM30 receipts in passports.

My TM6 is on a old extension page the receipts are on the last pages of it that are for annotations.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration offices are still stapling the TM6 and 90 day/TM30 receipts in passports.

Yes, the last few times I entered Thailand the TM6 wasn't stapled into the passport, but then CW stapled it when I went in for my extension ????