Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's,90's Music (2022)

CharlieH

Another meteoric rise, and I don't know why, from No. 57 all the way up to No. 24, The Men In My Little Girl's Life by Mike Douglas (not the actor).  Unless you're chronically sentimental for the 60's you can skip hitting play on this one.

15 hours ago, bannork said:

Tippers is on one of his binges. There's many a gem in his contributions but it's gonna take a while to get through them.

In the meantime, Janis was born on this day.

As was Robert Palmer

Tippers is on one of his binges.  55555555555555

Here's my contribution to Janis' birthday (hat tip GammaGlobulin).  The mezmerising and emotional performance of Ball & Chain live at the Monterey Pop Festival on it's 2nd day, June 17, '67.

And now a few tunes I stumbled across on today.  This will be the only other posts I make to give time to digest yesterday's overload.

Irma Thomas with her '64 B-side single Anyone Who Knows What Love Is (Will Understand).  What a great tune.  So sorry to think that stuff like this has almost disappeared.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Tom Petty: Cover version of "Oh, Well". It's very hard to compete with the original by Peter Green and Danny Kirwan? Still pretty good IMHO and worth a watch.

More than just worth a watch, Mutt Daeng.  Worth a download.  Yeah, I don't think any cover could best the original but Petty's vocals were surprisingly a pretty good fit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

The Yardbirds: Heart Full of Soul

I hate it when I lie.  :biggrin:

I had commented not long ago about the stroke of luck Mayall had to have had two of the best guitarists of the 60's in his band.  The Yardbirds bested him, though.

Clapton from '63~'65, replaced by Beck from '65 to '68 on the recommendation of session guitarist Page, who himself was a member from '66~'68.

Stroll On featuring Beck on lead guitar and Page on 2nd lead, a bonus track on the reissued '65 Having A Rave Up With The Yardbirds.