Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's,90's Music (2022)

CharlieH

7 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Both great. I posted the KC version sometime ago. Maybe on last years topic.

I agree, I actually had heard the one by KC before I knew Bowie composed it. I find it hard not to like the KC version more, if for no other reason than I hearing it by him first.

42 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

This is another of those songs that I somehow lost track of and now is like uncovered buried treasure. I've run across several like that here on this thread, thanks.

In my early 20's back in the UK I had a string of Asian girlfriends. The Filipinos were devoted Disco Ducks and dragged me around central London's Discos like a well healed mutt chasing the muff.

Although disco music was an anathema I eventually found that constant exposure to it obliged even me to have the odd favorites.  These bring back memories of steamy nights in the nurses home :

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Denim said:

In my early 20's back in the UK I had a string of Asian girlfriends. The Filipinos were devoted Disco Ducks and dragged me around central London's Discos like a well healed mutt chasing the muff.

Although disco music was an anathema I eventually found that constant exposure to it obliged even me to have the odd favorites.  These bring back memories of steamy nights in the nurses home :

I went thru a similar phase and came out of it with an appreciation for some groups like Earth, Wind and Fire, The Delfonics and even some of the Average White Band, which were actually a Scottish band. My roommate looked like Barry Gibb, but had long black hair and was quite the cvnt. All the women/girls were crazy over this guy and his disco dancing moves - though I just could never understand why.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Denim said:

The first link shows as "Video unavailable"...

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Nice cover of same by Japanese girl band 

In the future, please refrain from posting videos of Japanese girls playing excellent jazz, because it gives me a hard on. ???? Seriously though, that's some kick-a$$ stuff.

Edited by DBath
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:

In the future, please refrain from posting videos of Japanese girls playing excellent jazz, because it gives me a hard on. ???? Seriously though, that's some kick-a$$ stuff.

Yup ,all good but the sax player really shines.

But as you are easily exited make sure not to check out

Funk No.1 - TOKYO GROOVE JYOSHI

I will not be held accountable if you do.!!

( oh those shoulders .....ahhhhh)

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1

Just recently I have re discovered Nick Drake ( tragic story ) who I only briefly listened to 45 years ago.

Now I seem to have him on a loop every morning after breakfast while enjoying coffee and pottering around.