Reasonable Price For Johnny Red Case

jbsears

Hello!

My fiance has a friend at her work who's family owns a liquor store or distributor (not sure which). She has said she would give us a special price for Johnny Walker Red for our wedding reception. We have to buy 12 bottles at 500 Baht/bottle. I just want to know if this is a good deal? I've seen 1l bottles on sale at Big C before for 500 Baht so I'm not sure if this is really a great deal.

It seems a number of yall own bars so yall should know if this is a deal we should take.

If you are worried about 6000bht for whisky, then buy Thai whisky and plenty of soda and ice, guests will be happy with this, buy a couple of bottles of Jonnhy for yourself, it will help get over the shock of the other expenses,

Hope all goes ok for you, cheers, Lickey.

Thanks for the try in your replies. I think there are probably better answers out there. I'm not too worried about the price except for being taken advantage of by a supposed friend. Friends shouldn't take profit from friends.

But on the previous post, all the mixers are free provided by the hotel so we are just going to purchase probably a case of Red.

I would prefer to only get honest answers from people that have experience buying cases. I am not aiming to start a pointless thread so please only constructive answers.

Real answer, a case is 12 bottles, you pay 12 bottle price. Given the fact that you'll buy and bring to the hotel you save money there {no corkage?}. Wholesale here is a misnomer, unless you have a business account with a distributor {there are very few distributors here}. As an example many bars only get a minor discount from retail, or get a small interest free period, using small retailers. Ever seen the guy in Suk on the moped delivering booze?

Regards