passport expiration and visa extension

hi guys, i take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful 2022.

My passport expires at the end of this year, December to be exact, my visa extension (marriage) is due at the end of this month, should I get a new passport or there's a way around?

thanks for your help 

If your passport has less than 12 months of validity when you apply for a extension it will expire on the same day your passport does.

If you can get a new passport before you extension expires this month if possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you can get a new passport before you extension expires this month if possible

If it is a UK passport...forget it. My son applied from Dubai on 1st Nov and is still waiting. He had to cancel all his Xmas & NY gigs because of it.

gov.uk said 3 weeks.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

When you apply for a marriage extension with a new passport is it something you have to update?

Marriage certificate?

Kor ror 2 obviously.. Do they update it with the new passport number? Or do you just show a copy of the old passport to immigration when you apply?

18 minutes ago, MajorTom said:

When you apply for a marriage extension with a new passport is it something you have to update?

Marriage certificate?

Kor ror 2 obviously.. Do they update it with the new passport number? Or do you just show a copy of the old passport to immigration when you apply?

Your marriage certificate and Kor Ror 2 cannot be changed.

When go to immigration with a new passport to have your stamps transferred they will do a stamp that has spaces to enter your old passport number and  info about the visa you used to get the stay you have been extending in you new passport.

I see, but im not transferring any stamps in-country. I will re-enter Thailand on a new passport. Obviously this has a different passport number than the one used on the marriage certificate/kor ror 2.

I never had a marriage extension in the old passport. I cant get one until i have left the country and returned (previous volunteer visa).

Problem is, this passport is full. If i leave and re-enter there are no pages left for any new visa or extension. So i thought better to start fresh with the new passport? Or will this cause a problem? Will i have to re-marry?????

You will not have a problem with a different passport than the one you used when your registered you marriage.

When I applied for my first extension based upon marriage I used a different passport than the one I had when we registered our marriage. 

• Thanks 1