UDON THANI - renew drivers license, NO PERIPHERAL TEST?

Orangutan

I’m Located in Bangkok, and need to renew my drivers license .. I have trouble with the peripheral eye test, mainly because of dated equipment.. I read that the DLT in Udon Thani does not require this test, is that true.

I would appreciate any comments from people with first hand knowledge.

many thanks,

-O

One of the requirements for renewal in Udon is a residence certificate from immigration, are you sure you can renew your licence in a province other than where you live ?  I did my renewal about 18 months ago and had to do the colour blind test, and brake reaction test (red and green lights). I hate that damned peripheral test machine too where you have to say (Guess) when the two matchsticks are aligned !! ????

• Like 1

I thought "peripheral vision" is the test where you have to put your chin on a rig and spot the lights shining at each side, i.e. in your peripheral vision. When I went for my test at Rayong a couple of months ago the rig was still there but they didn't use it, perhaps because such close contact would enhance Covid transmission. The only tests were the speed of reaction and traffic light colours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orangutan said:

Yes the "peripheral vision”  test is the one that you have to get down like a crouching tiger, and indicate the colors of the three colored lights on your left or right.

Appreciate the comments.

I am not sure about renewing in the same city as your residence, I may have my wife call the local DLT Office.

5 minutes ago, Orangutan said:

Yes the "peripheral vision”  test is the one that you have to get down like a crouching tiger, and indicate the colors of the three colored lights on your left or right.

Appreciate the comments.

Reading the  above it would seem like there are  variations of the methods of testing .  Any test that requires putting  your face in contact with might be  grounds  for objection but that might also provide grounds to refuse you a renewal.

17 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Just renewed mine, Chaiyaphum.

Had to do brake test and colour.

I renewed mine a couple of months ago in Cha-am (although I'm not registered there with Immigration). 

I was relieved that only the colour and brake tests were required, as I had struggled with the peripheral vision test in the past due to having to wear spectacles.