Omicron set to delay reopening of bars and pubs

webfact

14 minutes ago, ezzra said:

You know how Lazada and Shoppe and other deliver stuff to your home? would it work with the bars where they they will deliver their "products and wears" to customers at home?...

Like thaifriendly.com ?

It is as was expected....and maybe more to come. I wonder if the revenues of the New years eve activities are more than the revenues when everything was cancelled and probably less Covid cases were around, but a continious "new normal " going on

3 minutes ago, bdenner said:

I'm thinking I would do the same thing! Can I just ask your general age bracket?

Just entering late puberty at 61.  Heavy smoker and drinker, perfect blood pressure and cholesterol, take no medication for anything whatsoever and never have done.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Infection number are not important at all. the amount of people getting real sick and need to got to a hospital are. There are less than 600 people in Thailand with a serious problem.

And that, is the whole issue with the Omicron Variant.

The numbers getting sick are huge, and of those, only a small percentage will probably need Hospital Care.

However, that mall percentage will probably be enough people to overwhelm the Health Care Services in many Countries.

Of the 600 people you say with a serious problem in Thailand, in 2 Days time that number could well be 1200, and in 4 Days 2400 such is the speed at which Omicron transmits.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gsxrnz said:

Fully expected this to happen.  You can kiss away any entertainment to be sanctioned for opening until June, and that may be wishful thinking.  Thailand is now on a full-throttle downward dive into oblivion.

I got covid on New Years Eve after getting the Pfizer jabs last year.  Don't know what flavor because I self tested, not wanting to end up in a Gulag (or even a Stalag) by being officially tested by the local Commissars. 

Anyway, I've done the right thing and stayed home like a good little Comrade and done my best to prevent myself from initiating the destruction of mankind.

Now day 5 or 6, a runny nose, the odd sneeze, healthy appetite, and restful unbroken sleep.  If I had to rate it against my worst case of influenza in about 1995 that laid me up for a fortnight and I lost 15kg in weight, the covid I'm experiencing doesn't even rate as a mild Cold.  I'm actually disappointed.

You may of been more pleased had you not been vaccinated . 

Valuable to read of peoples experience.

11 minutes ago, itsari said:

You may of been more pleased had you not been vaccinated . 

Valuable to read of peoples experience.

Actually, I strongly suspect I contracted the original strain back in February 2020 but there was no testing as the propaganda had only just begun. Similar overall effects although I did suffer some loss of taste - even vegemite was tasteless.

It could have been a Cold or mild influenza, but as I'd been frequenting gogo bars packed to the gunnels with Wuhanians in the previous month, I suspect it was the Big C (as opposed to the little c - cancer).

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The numbers getting sick are huge, and of those, only a small percentage will probably need Hospital Care.

However, that mall percentage will probably be enough people to overwhelm the Health Care Services in many Countries.

Of the 600 people you say with a serious problem in Thailand, in 2 Days time that number could well be 1200, and in 4 Days 2400 such is the speed at which Omicron transmits.

There are some studies that suggest the infection rates have been 3/1 for the original, 6/1 for Delta, and 8-10/1 for Omiwan.

Doing simple math: 10/100/1000/10000/100,000/1000,000/10,000,000/100,000,000/1,000,000,000/10,000,000,000  it would appear the entire populations of Earth, Mars, and Uranus were potentially infected within about ten days.  Possibly even the entire known universe!

Disclaimer:  I'm apparently a blue collar anti vaxxer (with Pfizer in my T-Cells) so you should bare this in mind when fact checking me.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This article and his statement  make no sense!  What is is talking about?  All the bars and pubs are open.  Some may have restaurant licenses, but do not cook or sale food.  Who in the world can believe this, or is it just that.  This is something  for the people outside of Thailand  to believe?  Everyone inside Thailand  knows the bars and pubs are already open.  Just two days ago a man was murdered outside of a bar at tree town, bit he says bars remain closed.  Someone  help me wrap my head around  this as no way there is corruption,  no way they are looking the other way, no way is tree town, and other night life  thriving.  As he said they will remain closed.  Well if thats true whos closiing them?  Why would he make this statement  knowing full well they are opened already?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

And hopefully that number of 600 people in hospital could also decrease as most people will not require hospitalization.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

There are some studies that suggest the infection rates have been 3/1 for the original, 6/1 for Delta, and 8-10/1 for Omiwan.

Doing simple math: 10/100/1000/10000/100,000/1000,000/10,000,000/100,000,000/1,000,000,000/10,000,000,000  it would appear the entire populations of Earth, Mars, and Uranus were potentially infected within about ten days.  Possibly even the entire known universe!

Disclaimer:  I'm apparently a blue collar anti vaxxer (with Pfizer in my T-Cells) so you should bare this in mind when fact checking me.

Once again though it may have slowed and lower rates, you keep only a narrow view.  Do you think other viruses,  diseases  and sickness stopped because of covid and only covid is the problem?  Think bigger.   Greed and pleasure  are not a reason  to open bars and pubs.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

This article and his statement  make no sense!  What is is talking about?  All the bars and pubs are open.

Many bars that were open up until Saturday were closed yesterday when I walked through Soi Buakhaw and up Soi Honey.  Maybe only opening at night now? 

Just now, Boomer6969 said:

Thanks for the graph, but why did you feel the need to write this BS?

A lady from pattaya, yes they contact traced her, caught the virus from a alcoholic monger in Pattaya. And took it back to Kalasin, where she perpetuated a cluster, so I disagree,  it's only just begun. As many came fonicated caught it and have now returned  to the provinces and villages  where they will spread it. The government  already is bracing for this fact.  The worst is yet to come, as the villages  are where many unvaccinated  are.  Another  hot tip is the Omicron  is still deadly and killing people.  So how many must many die before the mongers and alcoholics that greed and need continue cycle face the hard facts?  The worlds not ready.  What I continue  to read is that so many feel its time to throw caution  to the wind and let many die just so they can have fun

So they can quench that which an alcoholic  cant quench, and to drain their loins, and not care how many must die so the selfish and greedy can do for themselves. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Lol.. hell no.. Soi 6 wide open last night, Beach Road Bars wide open. Stones house Ibar, more on Walking street ... open.  Perhaps  the murder  closed some down a couple days, but i disagree,  bars are open everywhere.  

Are they open as bars or restaurants ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

If you are so scared of the virus - and you give the impression that you are absolutely terrified of catching this variant (AKA sniffles) - then why are you going out to these places?   Surely the best place for you is triple masked alone behind your sofa with the door locked and barricaded?  

Lol. Fair point.  But I am not going in.  I can see these from the interior of a car.  Also its not being terrified to be smart.  It's like calling someone whos smart with their money, as cheap.  But If someone who regularly visits these places come into contact at other places as ones trying to be safe the other dont care then they spread it.  I know many people who have lived their life as clean and safe as possibly only to be infected by another with a virus who wasnt safe, only to have the ones trying be safe the one who died, so, how is opening in the name of greed and pleasure the right thing for all?  Being smart doesn't  mean scared.  Just like being greedy, and only caring about ones on pleasure  above others is the wrong thing.  So, many are trying to stay safe, many are wanting things to return to normal, but giving into greed and ones desires above saftey  has always proven wrong.  I think the best place for you might be where ever the hot spot may be. After all I'm sure yoi feel like superman possibly double vaccinated even a booster.  So you don't  care about yourself,  that's fair play.  But it's  obvious you could care less about others, as there still are many unvaccinated,  and dying.   You say I should stay home sheltered.  Does this mean you are all about going in the thick of it because  you don't care if you get others sick?  

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

That number has gone down on a daily basis for months already

Didn't yu learn anything  about Hitler, Stalin  and other governments when it comes to the media?  You actually  believe everything  you read?  You actually  believe  the numbers are correct.    Hey!  That reminds me I have some beachfront  property  in Arizona.   Its not expensive.   Would you like to purchase  some land on the moon?    The numbers have veen going down, indeeed.  How is tgat possible  when the rest of the worlds numbers are breaking daily records?  I been here two years watching this, and I can tell you with certainty that I know more people around me with the Vid tgan there was before.   Did you even  think about your statement  beforehand?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rott said:

I think you are wrong here, he described your post as b/s. He was commenting on the quality of  your statement, not on the quality of you as an individual. 

You would have been reasonably correct until circa 2015. 

In today's brave new world, criticizing someone's opinion is the same as criticizing them personally, and only one step below genocide - although I believe the Intersectionalists are working on rearranging the batting order.