Child dead in car: Neighbors speak of horrific abuse that nearly left boy handicapped

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported on a horrific tale of child abuse admitted by a step father.

But now the mother of the six year old found dead in a car in eastern Thailand is also in custody suspected of being involved in the abuse.

Saifah Thanormwong was found dead in a car parked outside a house in Laem Ngop, Trat.

The boy had a fractured skull and many other injuries. 

The stepfather - Panya, 43 - has admitted to Laem Ngop police that he swung the boy round smashing him into the car door and then pummelled him with fists and elbows.

He was annoyed that the boy was pestering him to go and hunt for crabs. 

When the shocking case reached the ears of RTP chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk and Lt-Gen Surachate "Big Joke" Hakpan they ordered top brass provincial police to join the investigation.

Neighbors told the media of long running abuse of the boy usually at night. He was so badly assaulted on his arms and legs that he was virtually handicapped. 

He was often told to go and sleep outside the house in the car. 

The mother Narinrat is now helping police with their inquiries.

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-05

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Sad 18

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Neighbors told the media of long running abuse of the boy usually at night. He was so badly assaulted on his arms and legs that he was virtually handicapped. 

Shame nothing was done earlier to prevent this tragedy from happening.

Take both parents to a back room and administer an injection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He was often told to go and sleep outside the house in the car. 

These neighbours are as sick as the Parent / Parents that abused him so badly.

Only now do they come forward and tell of the horrific abuse the Lad received, which has ultimately killed him.

They allowed him to be Murdered at the hands of people that should have loved and cared for him.

RIP Little Lad. You are safe now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

These neighbours are as sick as the Parent / Parents that abused him so badly.

Only now do they come forward and tell of the horrific abuse the Lad received, which has ultimately killed him.

They allowed him to be Murdered at the hands of people that should have loved and cared for him.

RIP Little Lad. You are safe now.

Agreed....   they played their part by knowingly ignoring the abuse - the neighbours are complicit in the childs continued abuse and ultimately his death because they stood by and did nothing when intervention could have saved his life.

That said, in Thailand when someone goes to the Police to report that a child is being abused do the police actually do anything ??? or do they only react when forced to because of media attention ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Shame nothing was done earlier to prevent this tragedy from happening.

Take both parents to a back room and administer an injection.

Give them the injection after they have 12 months of people kicking them

Bring back the stocks

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I have been here a long time.  Anyone else here remember the Thai couple who kept a little Burmese girl in a cage and regularly poured boiling water over her.  Her skin was so badly scared she couldn't even lift up her arms.  That incident still disturbs me to this day.  Back then I was fresh off the boat and very cashed up and the thought of hiring a private assassin crossed my mind more than once.  As usual here never any follow up story.  I know the little girl was handed over to some welfare group but never heard boo about any attempt to prosecute of her torturers. Any one have links to any follow up news.

The couple that abused her was NEVER prosecuted.
$$$$$$ involved.
They live now happy somewhere near Koh Samui.

As a respone to some posters in here, the case with the girl was reported to the police by neighbors.
She escaped once and went to the police who brought her back to the Thai couple.
It was after the police returned her to the couple that the punishment with pouring hot water started.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

"Big Joke" is about this case.
Inmates are not soft with guys like this.
The guy will surely get an "ass" treatment in jail and after that he will be found dead.
End of the line for him.

I HOPE you're right, but I fear you're wrong

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

As someone who has worked with kids of that age for 10 years, I’ll never understand how someone can do this to a little innocent kid like that/any kid at all!!!

They really should bring back public flogging for <deleted> like that guy! Flog him almost to death, nurse him back to health and then start all over again - for the rest of his life! 

Fully agree with you. A simple quick clean death is too good for them

• Like 1

So, what can we do if we think a child is being physically abused?  Who do we call if we are a farang? 

I fear that the authorities do nothing when kids are being abused here....just look at all the kids being hit or humiliated openly in many thai schools and the parents seem to support it, or the treatment of young soldiers in the army. No one even looses their jobs, let alone

goes to prison. 

If my neighbours kid was getting beat up ever day and all the neighbours new but did nothing, what could I as a farang do?

If I caused the family loss of face the poor kid would probably still get left with the parents and I would be the one in trouble with the family and the Thai neighbours 

Edited by jak2002003