Validity of pre approved Thai pass

If a Thai pass is already approved in november last year for travel date on the 10th of January with arrival in Phuket on the 11th.

Will it be allowed if the upcoming meeting tomorrow sets the cutoff date at the 10th of january? If not..

is it possible to apply for two thai passes on the same flight with an alternative sandbox option?

1 minute ago, paahlman said:

If a Thai pass is already approved in november last year for travel date on the 10th of January with arrival in Phuket on the 11th.

Is the cut off of the 10th not for departure ???

Will it be allowed if the upcoming meeting tomorrow sets the cutoff date at the 10th of january? If not..

The cut off date will be the cut off date - I imagine it will remain the same and the only significant part of the announcement will be things continue as they are with no more ’Test & Go’ and only SandBox and ASQ arrivals until the end of the month to be readdressed on xx date. 

is it possible to apply for two thai passes on the same flight with an alternative sandbox option?

Yes, there is no harm in applying for numerous Thailand Passes.

You can apply for AQ Thailand Pass, or the Sandbox Thailand Pass (if you meet the requirements) with exactly the same documentation.

You can even apply for the same type of Thailand Pass multiple times if you are concerned your application has slipped though the gaps. 

----

There is another running thread where one poster applied for the Thailand Pass (for Sandbox) 15 days ago, he was unable pay online for is PCR test (PSAS site) and submitted anyway. 

He was very upset that he heard nothing from his application, even after e-mailing. He never received his Thailand Pass (obviously).

His mistake - he never re-attempted to apply a second time after the initially repeated attempts to pay for PSAS - he ‘could’ have attempted to pay for his PSAS PCR tests later, i.e. a week before his travel and still had time to submit a second Thailand Pass - he didn’t. 

Thus: if in doubt, re-apply. 

To rephrase.. The test and go is already approved and received.. All is ok, but if a cutoff date is 10 of january. Is that 23.59 pm on the 10th or is is 23.59 on the 9th? If it is like one would probably believe 23.59 on the 10th(last day) does that mean you have to be on the plane from that date or does it mean you have to go through immigration before 23.59pm on the 10th?

Its tricky and no hotline to thai pass or emails are answered of course which is normal. Hotels have no clue either. 

And.. I doubt it will be clear after the meeting tomorrow neither. 

Best to have two thai passes.. One of each. One test and go and hope its accepted and one sandbox for entry to plane if stopped in chec-in. I think the problem is not thailand. That can be solved. But the airline will not board you if they see something in their computer for travel restrictions.

18 hours ago, stigar said:
18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Latest update…

Those with existing Thailand passes can enter under Test & Go up to the 15th Jan. 

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-856606

To be conciderd..they will decide his tomorrow

Approval today (7th Jan) is just a technicality - Anutin already made his announcement (on 6th).

But, as you indicate - its best 'not to count the chickens before they have hatched’ there will be an official CCSA announcement at some point this afternoon / early evening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Approval today (7th Jan) is just a technicality - Anutin already made his announcement (on 6th).

But, as you indicate - its best 'not to count the chickens before they have hatched’ there will be an official CCSA announcement at some point this afternoon / early evening. 

I see on thai news yesterday prayut said he want extend the test and go until 15th january.U cant trust this goverment.Anyway have to wait and see what happends.

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yes, there is no harm in applying for numerous Thailand Passes.

Question only about Thai Pass here.  If applying for multiple Thai passes, based on possible different dates of departure, would you have to pay for additional PCR tests and new hotel reservation each time you submit new Thai Pass application

4 minutes ago, neytil said:

Question only about Thai Pass here.  If applying for multiple Thai passes, based on possible different dates of departure, would you have to pay for additional PCR tests and new hotel reservation each time you submit new Thai Pass application

Good question: 

The PSAS Swab test booking are tied to your arrival flight (date / time) and the follow up day 6 test follows on from that - That said, theoretically, if you have already paid for a booking you can contact them to change the dates. 

The same for the SHA Plus+ hotel booking - ‘most’ hotels offer free date change which is obviously subject to availability. 

that

18 minutes ago, neytil said:

That is what i am in the middle of now done my test and go all ok for the first week in Feb,

when they start mentioning the 10th of january, i change flight (better book via airline ) ( agent

£280) change Insurance no fee, book new hotel £220 still waiting for refund 1st hotel about

another £200, book more RT PCR x 2 and 1 taxi all already paid, but no sign of refund 

at my age there is no chance i can do the new application, so pay an agency again?

i was fully covered and vaccinated but because of a change of mind, ?

everything is up in the air again, i wonder what cute ''phrase'' they will come up with next,

14 minutes ago, zoza said:

that

That is what i am in the middle of now done my test and go all ok for the first week in Feb,

when they start mentioning the 10th of january, i change flight (better book via airline ) ( agent

£280) change Insurance no fee, book new hotel £220 still waiting for refund 1st hotel about

another £200, book more RT PCR x 2 and 1 taxi all already paid, but no sign of refund 

at my age there is no chance i can do the new application, so pay an agency again?

i was fully covered and vaccinated but because of a change of mind, ?

everything is up in the air again, i wonder what cute ''phrase'' they will come up with next,

There has been no change to the Phuket SandBox or Alternative quarantine. 

It is only the ‘Test & Go’ and Sandbox / Blue zone quarantine outside of Phuket which has stopped applications from 22nd Dec.

‘Test & Go’ is honouring existing Approval until 15th Jan (that announcement will be made official this afternoon).

--------

Its a proper PITA for those with existing Test & Go approvals for arrival after the 15th. 

However, as I understand it - the QR code will be honoured for arrivals to the Sandbox (to be confirmed of course)

Edited by richard_smith237

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Good question: 

The PSAS Swab test booking are tied to your arrival flight (date / time) and the follow up day 6 test follows on from that - That said, theoretically, if you have already paid for a booking you can contact them to change the dates. 

The same for the SHA Plus+ hotel booking - ‘most’ hotels offer free date change which is obviously subject to availability. 

if the Test and go was me going to Phuket it may of been a bit different, but Pattaya and

Phuket is no where near each other, and all these gismo's are built so you cannot change

much without the whole thing falling apart.

i have not heard any goverment announcements (and i hear they are in other places) that

if people have to cancel because of '' their'' changes they will make sure people get their refunds.  i will ask my hotel/taxi/PCR if i can have my money back,and if any problems they can take it up with the people who keep moving the goal posts,i hear the uk goverment are asking the uk travel agents to wear masks. and that is nothing to do with co-vid.

14 hours ago, neytil said:

Yes.. You would I am told.. Its a risky game.. but might be an option.. That said.. jan 15th is confirmed in the media. But I have not seen an official document about it. It would be useful for a few if so. 4 new provinces are declared sandboxes also. That is eventually good news. Phang nga, Krabi, and samui off my head here.. its one or two more. Koh chang possibly.