Phuket quarantine question

Yahtzee

I was planning to travel to Bangkok this month, but because of the the 7 day quarantine requirement I won’t do that unless test & go is reinstated.

If I go to Phuket sandbox instead, am I required to stay in a quarantine hotel all day and night and not be able to leave for 7 days, or can I go out in the daytime as long as I return to the hotel at night?

3 hours ago, Yahtzee said:

I was planning to travel to Bangkok this month, but because of the the 7 day quarantine requirement I won’t do that unless test & go is reinstated.

If I go to Phuket sandbox instead, am I required to stay in a quarantine hotel all day and night and not be able to leave for 7 days, or can I go out in the daytime as long as I return to the hotel at night?

The existing Phuket Sandbox model is as it always has been and is as follows: 

- PCR Test on Arrival 

- PCR Test on day 6 (at a test centre)

- 7 Days stay in an SHA Plus+ hotel (have to stay there every night)

- After the Arrival PCR test is conformed negative - freedom to travel the Island of Phuket (but not further)

- PCR Tests Booked though the PSAS site with the SHABA confirmation code provided by the SHA Plus+ hotel SHABA certificate. 

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 12:48 AM, richard_smith237 said:

The existing Phuket Sandbox model is as it always has been and is as follows: 

- PCR Test on Arrival 

- PCR Test on day 6 (at a test centre)

- 7 Days stay in an SHA Plus+ hotel (have to stay there every night)

- After the Arrival PCR test is conformed negative - freedom to travel the Island of Phuket (but not further)

- PCR Tests Booked though the PSAS site with the SHABA confirmation code provided by the SHA Plus+ hotel SHABA certificate. 

They just added another 72 hour PCR test requirement (yeah the 3rd PCR test) before boarding the plane. I wonder how would they enforce this? The airlines don't know the Covid rules of every country. My guess is that this newly added 3rd PCR test before boarding seems useless because by the time Thai officials at Thai airport get to review, another PCR test on arrival would be more accurate (because it's newer), right?

• Confused 1

On 1/9/2022 at 2:39 AM, RedArmy said:

When i arrived in Phuket in October, Qatar Airways checked everything before issuing my boarding pass.

They even wanted to see my 3 pre booked covid test certificate.

Thanks for the info. I'm also flying Qatar to Phuket as well.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:19 AM, ppatrick said:

They just added another 72 hour PCR test requirement (yeah the 3rd PCR test) before boarding the plane. I wonder how would they enforce this?

Since the Emergency Decree started  the pre-flight <72 hrs RT PCR test requirement has  ‘never not been there’  (for foreigners).....  It's nothing new.

Its enforced - All airlines and check-in staff are briefed and up to date with the entry requirements as per IATA.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Since the Emergency Decree started  the pre-flight <72 hrs RT PCR test requirement has  ‘never not been there’  (for foreigners).....  It's nothing new.

Its enforced - All airlines and check-in staff are briefed and up to date with the entry requirements as per IATA.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

The link is really helpful. Thank you ????