Couldn't find an answer to this one - Blue Zone Pattaya arriving soon

FarangFB

Please help me out I’m a bit lost with the rules for previously issued Thailand Pass and Blue Zone.

A relative is coming from Brazil on Jan 12 under the blue programme (Brazil is not from the 45 countries on the list for test & go).

The Thailandpass was obtained in Mid December just before they changed it. Blue Zone, selected the hotel from the list (Sha Extra+) and from what I understood - test on day 1 and then stay 7 days without leaving the Pattaya area (but not locked up) and finally free to travel the country after a second test.

Today I went to the hotel to confirm everything but they seem quite lost, they’re saying they’re a test and go only hotel but not AQ (although we didn’t book for AQ anyway). The manager looked confused between AQ and Blue Zone, that's why I am asking here.

I've looked everywhere and I can't find much about Blue Zone arrivals, but it seems those who got the Thailand Pass in time can still stay on the agreed scheme if arriving before Jan 15th.

Assuming the Thailand Pass was already approved and issued, and the visitor arrives on Jan 12th, is everything ok? Just one day locked in hotel until the test results, then can go around Pattaya without leaving the area?