Is a TM30 required when making trips within Thailand ?

Hello,

I usually do a TM30 only when returning home from an international trip. However, last month I did a 2 day trip to Hua Hin and did not do a TM30 when I got home. Is this a problem ? If it is needed, should I just do one now even though it is about 2 weeks late from when I returned ?

Any input appreciated. TIA

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Since June of last year a TM30 report is not required after traveling within the country. They are only required if you change your address that immigration has or enter the country with a new vssa.

So if reentering the country with a reentry permit and if staying in a hotel before returning home, does that change things? Do you then need to do a new TM30?

11 minutes ago, placnx said:

So if reentering the country with a reentry permit and if staying in a hotel before returning home, does that change things? Do you then need to do a new TM30?

You would not need to do a new TM30 report.

A stay in a hotel does not change your  registered address.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, placnx said:

No TM30 required. 

Do nothing. 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Not according to my IO, but these IO's can change their staff, so I have my wife as a witness, and no IO had better tell me I need one if I am only traveling around Thailand.

You can travel around Thailand as much as you want. 

Also exit Thailand and reenter you only need to file a TM30 if you change your address or reenter Thailand with new visa or visa exempt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would not need to do a new TM30 report.

A stay in a hotel does not change your  registered address.

I've entered 5 X and completed 5 quarantines, 1st time i went to get a re-entry permit from local immigration office and he asked me why i'd not registered upon my return, got a 2000 baht fine.

Since then each time i leave quarantine i go to local immigration office to register.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I've entered 5 X and completed 5 quarantines, 1st time i went to get a re-entry permit from local immigration office and he asked me why i'd not registered upon my return, got a 2000 baht fine.

Since then each time i leave quarantine i go to local immigration office to register.

Your post is not clear.

If you enter Thailand with reentry permit you are not required to file a TM30. 

If you entered with new visa or visa exempt you would need to file a TM30.

You entered Thailand 5 times?

With what? A reentry permit.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your post is not clear.

If you enter Thailand with reentry permit you are not required to file a TM30. 

If you entered with new visa or visa exempt you would need to file a TM30.

You entered Thailand 5 times?

With what? A reentry permit.

I'm on a marraige extension

Every time i enter it's on a re-entry permit

I've entered 5 times during this Covid / Quarantine BS

I have to report to my local immigration to register each time once out of quarantine ( initially registered by quarantine hotel i guess ).

23 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm on a marraige extension

Every time i enter it's on a re-entry permit

I've entered 5 times during this Covid / Quarantine BS

I have to report to my local immigration to register each time once out of quarantine ( initially registered by quarantine hotel i guess ).

Which immigration office? 

That is clearly incorrect on their behalf.

BTW 2000baht is not typical fine for not filing a TM30, which BTW you were not required to. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office? 

That is clearly incorrect on their behalf.

BTW 2000baht is not typical fine for not filing a TM30, which BTW you were not required to. 

LOL

These answers always make me laugh, would you like to come along to the immigration office ( Phetchabun ) and explain i'm not required to do it?

It may not have been 2000, something like that tho, maybe a 1000 of it was for the Re-entry permit i got at the same time.

8 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It may not have been 2000, something like that tho, maybe a 1000 of it was for the Re-entry permit i got at the same time

No point in continuing.

Reentry permit is 1000baht for single and 3800baht multiple.

Seems to me you don't even know what you paid for and what you were fined. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

No point in continuing.

Reentry permit is 1000baht for single and 3800baht multiple.

Seems to me you don't even know what you paid for and what you were fined. 

I'm well aware of the price of single and multiple re-entry permits, as i mentioned it may not have been 2000, might have been more, might have been less....

I see you've chosen to ignore the question about coming to tell the immigration people what their job is, no surprise there really, is there?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I see you've chosen to ignore the question about coming to tell the immigration people what their job is, no surprise there really, is there?

My first step would be to obtain the order that is about TM30.

This rule changed in recent times.

Think it was March last year.

Yes I would take it to immigration and show them. 

In any event join my ignore list. (again) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My first step would be to obtain the order that is about TM30.

This rule changed in recent times.

Think it was March last year.

Yes I would take it to immigration and show them. 

In any event join my ignore list. (again) 

As well all know the rules are different in many locations, that's all i was pointing out, no need to get upset about it......

I'm sure you would take the 'order' to immigration and point it out, course you would. What do you think this would achieve?

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

1st time i went to get a re-entry permit from local immigration office and he asked me why i'd not registered upon my return, got a 2000 baht fine.

If this occurred after June 2021, you should not have been required to submit a new TM30.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just to be clear, if we filed a TM30 in 2019, haven't left the country since then, does the new regulation apply to this filing done before the new regulation became effective, meaning that we don't have to do another TM30 filing when returning on a re-entry permit? 

8 minutes ago, placnx said:

Just to be clear, if we filed a TM30 in 2019, haven't left the country since then, does the new regulation apply to this filing done before the new regulation became effective, meaning that we don't have to do another TM30 filing when returning on a re-entry permit? 

Your previous address is fine.

No need to do anything. 

No need to do a TM30. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1