PayPal faces lawsuit for freezing customer accounts and funds

8 hours ago, blackcab said:

I'm moving this to the banking and business forum as it will receive a wider audience.

Although this topic is not strictly about Thailand I am sure there are many members who will have a common interest in this topic.

Thanks. I did try to find the correct forum but couldn't find it listed anywhere  ?

"They held my money for 6 months but in the end after many complaints I never saw my money again"

Always wondered what becomes of this money seized by them (and based on many of the customer reports one reads on social media I think it amounts to millions of dollars) Do they return it back to the govt treasury? Since one never knows because they are so secretive and do not give out any information.

Edited by userabcd

21 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Since one never knows because they are so secretive and do not give out any information.

The last news I read regarding pay pal making money grabs was that they banned class action suits against themselves ??

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

On November 1st, PayPal will follow Sony, Microsoft, Netflix, and many others in banning class action lawsuits by customers. Its new terms of service require any disputes between a user and PayPal to be resolved with arbitration, or in small claims court if they qualify. Unless users send a written opt-out notice, they’ll be barred from group suits in the US, something that’s become increasingly common for companies since last year.

Which is why I found the article in the OP interesting if somewhat confusing.

THERE’S A SIMPLE REASON WHY PAYPAL AND OTHERS ARE MAKING THESE CHANGES: BECAUSE THEY CAN

19 minutes ago, Denim said:

The last news I read regarding pay pal making money grabs was that they banned class action suits against themselves ??

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

On November 1st, PayPal will follow Sony, Microsoft, Netflix, and many others in banning class action lawsuits by customers. Its new terms of service require any disputes between a user and PayPal to be resolved with arbitration, or in small claims court if they qualify. Unless users send a written opt-out notice, they’ll be barred from group suits in the US, something that’s become increasingly common for companies since last year.

Which is why I found the article in the OP interesting if somewhat confusing.

THERE’S A SIMPLE REASON WHY PAYPAL AND OTHERS ARE MAKING THESE CHANGES: BECAUSE THEY CAN

That was 10 years ago, though...

• Thanks 1