keyvisaco Patttaya - delay in sending passport to UK

I sent my UK passport and application to keyvisa in Pattaya on 19 November 2021, I have just recd an email from VFSGlobal  to say my passport was forwarded to HMPO on 13 January 2022

TWO MONTHS to send my passport to UK - outrageous

Anyone else had this problem ???

• Like 1

Why would your passport be sent to the UK?

If you apply for a UK passport in Thailand you retain custody of your old passport until the time you collect your new passport.

At which time your old passport has the corner cut off the front cover and it is then returned to you.

Perhaps the email meant that your application had been received. The agent is probably keeping custody of your old passport and they will return it to you with your new passport.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Why would your passport be sent to the UK?

If you apply for a UK passport in Thailand you retain custody of your old passport until the time you collect your new passport.

At which time your old passport has the corner cut off the front cover and it is then returned to you.

Perhaps the email meant that your application had been received. The agent is probably keeping custody of your old passport and they will return it to you with your new passport.

You do not retain your passport if you use an agency

45 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Whilst that may seem a long period, figure in checking, processing, Christmas and New Year holidays, it doesn't look quite so bad.

Who is checking what ?
Who is VFS and what is their involvement when I applied with KeyVisa ?
Where has it been for 2 months ?

13 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Yes but I live in Isaan

I too live in Isaan. To do mine I got my missus to hop on a bus to Bkk. Taxi to VFS and hand over my passport and signed renewal application. She also did it for another English farang neighbour at the same time. Back home in time to cook my evening meal. Why pay an agent?

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I too live in Isaan. To do mine I got my missus to hop on a bus to Bkk. Taxi to VFS and hand over my passport and signed renewal application. She also did it for another English farang neighbour at the same time. Back home in time to cook my evening meal. Why pay an agent?

your wife is your agent

1 hour ago, Speedo1968 said:

Who is checking what ?
Who is VFS and what is their involvement when I applied with KeyVisa ?
Where has it been for 2 months ?

One would assume, their are application forms

to be filled in, supporting docs etc. The agent would check this , and so would VFS.

VFS is the processing service for the  UK and other nations.They check everything prior to submission to the Passport office.

"VFS Global, also known as "Visa Facilitation Services Global," is an outsourcing and technology services company for governments and diplomatic missions worldwide. The company manages visa and passport issuance-related administrative and non-discretionary tasks for its client governments."

I would guess, the Agent has your passport if they are collecting the new one on your behalf from VFS, who will at that time cut the corner off and the Agent will send BOTH passports to you to conclude the service.

• Like 1