Hello All ????

Background: 

- South Africa passport, 30 day Visa on Arrival

-Arrival Info : Suvarnabhumi, 24/11/2021

Expiration : 23/12/2021

First Extension : 21/12/2021 

Expiration: 22/01/2022

Muang Thong Thani Immigration 

(Initially went to Government complex Chaengwattana, was sent to Muang because of VOA)

- I have TM30 from Hotel

Please can I get advice on getting a 60 day extension stamp? 

Where do I go to next to get this stamp ? 

I understand the COVID Affidavit, etc

Thanks ! 

Please let me know if you need any more information to answer or help my query ????

You apparently entered the country visa exempt and got a 30 day extension of the 30 day stay it allowed. A visa on arrival is only for 15 days and cannot be extended.

You will apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension at Muang Thong Thani.

The cost and the required documents will be the same as the 30 day extension you got other than the affidavit.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, changthenomad said:

Please let me know if you need any more information to answer or help my query

Good timing.

You can return to MTT this week and obtain your covid extension.

1900baht.

As you would be aware ...the photocopy facilities at MTT are poor so ensure your TM7 form and photo and copies of required passport pages all prepared.

You have your TM30 good as they most likely will want copy of that.

Go asap.

Please report back your experience.

Good luck

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You apparently entered the country visa exempt and got a 30 day extension of the 30 day stay it allowed. A visa on arrival is only for 15 days and cannot be extended.

You will apply for the 60 day covid 19 extension at Muang Thong Thani.

The cost and the required documents will be the same as the 30 day extension you got other than the affidavit.

when we gonna hear about further covid extensions? any chatter ?

7 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

when we gonna hear about further covid extensions? any chatter ?

Even ubonjoe won't have that information. 

Last couple of times @ThaiVisaCentre have been quick with any news.

Even then it's often not long prior to deadline.

I assume your unable to obtain covid extension this week and hoping they will be extended. 

Is there any official information how early can one apply for covid extension? Some sources were stating it is possible to apply 30 days in advance before expiration of the current entry. Is this official and accepted by every immigration office?

2 minutes ago, Alldar said:

Is there any official information how early can one apply for covid extension? Some sources were stating it is possible to apply 30 days in advance before expiration of the current entry. Is this official and accepted by every immigration office?

Varies (as usual). 

Normally you would apply couple weeks prior to expiry of current permit.

There have been reports of being given a covid extension with a month remaining on permission of stay.

All you can do is try. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alldar said:

For a 60 day covid 19 extension it would depend upon where you apply for it. I would say at most office it would be 2 weeks early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Alldar said:

In bangkok it was 45days not sure if that has changed. Jomtien immigration 30 days. No idea where you are so maybe that information is not much use to you. 

2 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

In bangkok it was 45days not sure if that has changed. Jomtien immigration 30 days. No idea where you are so maybe that information is not much use to you. 

Your referring to 12 month extensions. Yes CW is 45 days.

This is about covid extensions.

Couple weeks prior is the norm.

1 minute ago, Daithi85 said:

Actually it is very useful. I am using Jomtien immigration but my experience with them is not so positive. It is very busy, they refused to give me covid extension without applying 30 days regular extension first and after waiting 2 hours in the queue they send me back home telling me I should come later. I was trying to apply 2 weeks in advance, my current entry is until 30 January and they told me to come back again on Friday 28th January, which would be essentially my last day to get the extension. I am really not happy with their service. Phuket immigration was so much better.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Your referring to 12 month extensions. Yes CW is 45 days.

This is about covid extensions.

Couple weeks prior is the norm.

I'm talking about covid extensions,jomtien did have a sign up saying extensions could be applied for up to 30 days before.i applied 28 days before my extension was due to finish no problem at all. Bangkok immigration did have it on their website about 45days, my friend goes 30 days early each time no problem except this time was told it will be his last extension by whatever lady he was dealing with at MTT.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alldar said:

Actually it is very useful. I am using Jomtien immigration but my experience with them is not so positive. It is very busy, they refused to give me covid extension without applying 30 days regular extension first and after waiting 2 hours in the queue they send me back home telling me I should come later. I was trying to apply 2 weeks in advance, my current entry is until 30 January and they told me to come back again on Friday 28th January, which would be essentially my last day to get the extension. I am really not happy with their service. Phuket immigration was so much better.

Generally everyone is made to obtain the standard 30 day extension prior to covid extensions at all immigration offices. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alldar said:

You can pop into the little visa office at the side of Jomtien immigration, very friendly staff they can help you with any questions you may have. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Generally everyone is made to obtain the standard 30 day extension prior to covid extensions at all immigration offices. 

As far as I know in Phuket it was possible to apply for covid extension right away. This was the case few months ago, I am not sure if the situation changed since then.

3 minutes ago, Alldar said:

As far as I know in Phuket it was possible to apply for covid extension right away. This was the case few months ago, I am not sure if the situation changed since then.

Haven't read a report of that.

In any event your now in Bangkok

15 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Bangkok immigration did have it on their website about 45days, my friend goes 30 days early each time no problem except this time was told it will be his last extension by whatever lady he was dealing with at MTT.

These are my words from earlier post.

"There have been reports of being given a covid extension with a month remaining on permission of stay".

Can you direct me to report of someone obtaining a covid extension  45 days prior to expiry of permission of stay. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

These are my words from earlier post.

"There have been reports of being given a covid extension with a month remaining on permission of stay".

Can you direct me to report of someone obtaining a covid extension  45 days prior to expiry of permission of stay. 

My bad if I read it wrong, I just took another read of it and on the website it says all types of extensions can be applied for no sooner than 45 days in advance. 

7 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

My bad if I read it wrong, I just took another read of it and on the website it says all types of extensions can be applied for no sooner than 45 days in advance. 

In any event let's hope those applying for covid extensions this week are not chastised and berated as per some reports..

Along with demanding outbound flight. 

Strange that another thread (just started) has covid extension report from Phuket where there were no issues. 

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, Alldar said:

That was true with me back in September.  I know other people who also skipped the 30-day extension at Phuket and went right to 60-day covid extensions.  But Phuket seems to have stopped doing that in the Autumn.

I considered doing my most recent extension in Bangkok but I decided to wait until my return to Phuket because I've never experienced or heard of any problems there.

3 hours ago, changthenomad said:

Wait,

So I have entered 30 day VOA, did first extension of 30 day at MTT Immigration. 

Can I now qualify to use Government complex for 60 day covid extension?

Or will MTT give me an issue and only give me 30 days again because initial stamp was VOA?

If you entered and stamped in 30 days then you did not get VOA.

Visa on arrival.

You entered visa exempt and were given 30 days.

Anyone that enters visa exempt obtains extensions at MTT.

MTT will give you a 60 day covid extension if you can apply before Jan 25.

You cannot obtain your covid extension at CW. 

Edited by DrJack54

9 hours ago, changthenomad said:

Wait,

So I have entered 30 day VOA, did first extension of 30 day at MTT Immigration. 

Can I now qualify to use Government complex for 60 day covid extension?

Or will MTT give me an issue and only give me 30 days again because initial stamp was VOA?

There is no qualification needed. MTT is the satellite location which is effectively a branch of Govt Complex at CW.  You have to return to MTT if you want to apply for the 60-day covid extension. Go before 25-Jan.  

4 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

.  You have to return to MTT if you want to apply for the 60-day covid extension. Go before 25-Jan

True.

Just to be clear for others.

If you entered with a visa you need attend CW for your covid extension.