Renewing my driving licenses in Phuket

kiever

Hello. My driver licenses expired on 04.2021

And I want to renew them in Phuket. I used TikTok services in Pattaya to get licenses. 
Is There any agency in Phuket to help me to renew my driving licenses like Tiktok services Pattaya ?

and another thing , any cheap clinic recommendation to get medical certificate to get driving licenses ?

I have 2 separate licenses, for car and motorcycle. I am told that I need to prepare 2 separate certificate of origin. 
but I also need to provide 2 separate medical certificates ?

in worst case I will go to land of transport with my thai  girlfriend and try to do everything myself in Phuket.

thank you.  

Sometimes if you apply for both licenses at the same time the LTO will accept one original and a copy for your two licenses.  Depends on the person checking your documents.  They can certainly insist on two originals, but sometimes they don't.  The medical certificate is best gotten from a small clinic and will cost something around 100 - 150 baht.  It's a pro-forma exercise looking for 5 dread diseases:  2nd stage syphilis, elephantiasis, etc.  Can be done by visual inspection in most cases.  The residence certificate can be obtained from Phuket Immigration Office.  They will ask for 300 baht per certificate, if you don't pay you will still likely get it for free.

You can really do yourself.  Especially with a Thai girlfriend, shouldn't be a problem.  The first time you go they will likely look through your documentation and if everything is good they will give you an appointment to come back to get your license (take physical tests like reaction time and color perception).  You should watch the required video online and answer the easy three questions and you will electronically be given a receipt that shows you passed and satisfied the video requirement.  They do the video this way as an anti-covid measure, rather than seeing the video in person at the LTO.

Thank you. In bkk wattana immigration won’t issue certificate of residency unless 90 days report is done. But there is no such rule in samui and pattaya afaik.  What about Phuket ? I didn’t do 90 days report yet but still I can get certificate of residency?

Edited by kiever

3 minutes ago, kiever said:

Thank you. In bkk wattana immigration won’t issue certificate of residency unless 90 days report is done. But there is no such rule in samui and pattaya afaik.  What about Phuket ? I didn’t do 90 days report yet but still I can get certificate of residency?

You need an up-to-date address registration (TM-30) which should be done for you by your hotel, or you can do yourself if your landlord didn't do for you.  A 90 days report being filed does not seem to be required for Phuket based on this:

http://piv-phuket.com/others/residence-certificate/

By the way, here's information on how to watch the video online:

https://www.axa.co.th/en/5-Steps-to-Prepare-for-Online-Driver-License-Renewal

Axa links says licenses will be ready in 90 days but in Pattaya I just got it in 2 hours. Phuket will be same or I will wait 90 days ? I already have thai driving license but just expired before 9 months. Thank you again. 

Edited by kiever

1 minute ago, kiever said:

Axa links says licenses will be ready in 90 days but in Pattaya I just got it in 2 hours. Phuket will be same or I will wait 90 days ? I already have thai driving license but just expired before 9 months. Thank you again. 

Actually just provided the AXA link for the website where you can watch the video. ???? 

I think as your license has expired less than a year you will be OK.  Not to mention that LTO is probably being generous due to the fact that they were closed down by covid for a period of that time.  I didn't read the 90 days thing the same way you did.  To me it sounded like the video could be watched if you were within 90 days of your license expiring.  Before that it mentions that you are OK with an expired license of less than one year.

The licenses at Phuket LTO are give out the day of your appointment.  You go the first time to get the appointment.  When you return on the appointment date the expectation is that you will walk out with your licenses.

• Thanks 1

I did the video thing the other week, I actually sat there and watched it.

You answer the same questions repeatedly throughout the hour. I was expecting a curved ball, so I watched the video, but really there was no need, the questions are not connected to the video. If you have a DL from your own country then you already know the answers. The only thing is the video pauses every 15 minutes and won't advance until you answer the questions.

There were a total of 12 questions ( I think) and I misread one questions wrongly in the first and subsequently got it wrong for the duration (x4), and I still passed. TiT.

• Like 1

I prepared all documents and will go land transport  office. Early morning I should be there , before 08..00 Am ?

And I still didn’t affix my visa on my passport. Can I still renew licenses without visa ?  I arrived with  Visa exemption and get my visa Bkk  wattana next week.  Better to get visa and apply land transport office or can I stlll apply without visa ?

Edited by kiever

4 minutes ago, kiever said:

I prepared all documents and will go land transport  office. Early morning I should be there , before 08..00 Am ?

And I still didn’t affix my visa on my passport. Can I still renew licenses without visa ?  I arrived with  Visa exemption and get my visa Bkk  wattana next week.  Better to get visa and apply land transport office or can I stlll apply without visa ?

Better to have your long-term visa or exextension of stay in place before visiting LTO.  Eliminates possible problems that way  Generally, a problem to apply for a DL on a visa-exempt entry.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kiever said:

I have one more question, now can I get 5 years licenses or still I will be given 2 years ? I had 2 years driving licenses but expired 9 months ago already. 

You should be able to get a 5-year license.  You've already had a 2-year license so the next renewal should be to get a 5-year license.  If expired for less than a year it should not be a problem.

The only reason I can think of for not giving you a 5-year license is if you did not have a long-term visa or extension of stay.  But I understand you will soon have that.  So no problem getting the 5-year license.

• Thanks 1