Booster Vaccination Khon Kaen

Havenstreet1940

For those of us In Khon kaen who went through the BKK hospital administered official government free vaccine program at central plaza a few months back, do we indeed follow up or qualify for free booster by a visit or call to Bkk hospital? or go to floor 5 central plaza?

Doesnt seem to be the same  standard vaccine booking intervac website as for the initial vaccine.

Covid pretty rampant in KK now with daily reported figures in the city circa 200 however the reality with unreported self tests etc could be vastly different.

This site good for KK covid information after translation.

รายงานสถานการณ์โควิด-19 จังหวัดขอนแก่น ระลอกใหม่ - KKL ขอนแก่นลิงก์ (khonkaenlink.info)

Edited by sapson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

Would appreciate information regarding booster vaccination in Khon Kaen.

You should really check with your local hospital, e.g. my wife just called ours and they advised to just walk in between 8 & 2.30 and choose either Moderna of Pfizer, and as I have had the latter 4 months ago, I will have that tomorrow.

Note: I also know that Udon Thani are also doing walk ins at the Rajabhat university between 10am and 12pm and you don't have to be from that province, just take your certificate or yellow vaccination passport book.

Edit: Must be 4 months after the 2nd dose, no earlier.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You should really check with your local hospital, e.g. my wife just called ours and they advised to just walk in between 8 & 2.30 and choose either Moderna of Pfizer, and as I have had the latter 4 months ago, I will have that tomorrow.

Note: I also know that Udon Thani are also doing walk ins at the Rajabhat university between 10am and 12pm and you don't have to be from that province, just take your certificate or yellow vaccination passport book.

Edit: Must be 4 months after the 2nd dose, no earlier.

Does the time between doses depend on which vaccine you had? I thought it was 3 months for Astrazeneca?

• Like 1

I went to make enquiries at Bangkok Hospital in Khon Kaen this morning and the information I was given is that they only have Moderna available for the booster shots at the moment and you must have 3 months since your last injection. The wife has told me that she was told by the people at the Wufu Market injection site that on day 21 this month that there will be a walk in for Pfizer booster shots on the second floor at Fairy Plaza.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Same with my small local hospital. The village grapevine told us vaccination was taking place, we called to check and went along to add Pfizer to the Sinovac and AZ we'd had before. Free, efficient, paper certificate and they fixed a problem with my app not accepting my phone number (no doubt because it had never been asked for and wasn't on their records).

• Thanks 1

Im going back to woo-foo* on Thursday for my second jab - Choice of AZ, Phizer, Sinovac 

It seems quite well organized, I hope that they will do boosters in four months or so.

I know that it will be there on Thursday, you could try popping your head into there and asking if they are doing boosters yet.

*woo-foo is an open air market, a little way up from Makro, if you stand facing the drive-in McDonalds and look to the right, you will see it.

5 hours ago, nahkit said:

Does the time between doses depend on which vaccine you had? I thought it was 3 months for Astrazeneca?

For sure its 3 months after your second dose of Astra Zeneca you qualify for a booster, think they will enforce this already published 3 month regulation, rules must be followed exactly by the nursing staff here.

If anyone has their booster at central plaza in the next couple of days would be great if they can share the experience.

Wondering if it will be a horrendous crowd scene with both Thais and Westerners packed in tight or if it will be well organized with a choice of vaccine and an updated certificate to leave with?

Edited by sapson

Cant get this translated is it saying you must queue up for a number between 7-30 to 10 am and vaccines administered 10am to 3pm.

if any one has a simple translate program and can post the translated version of this it would be great,

Thanks

On 1/21/2022 at 9:21 AM, sapson said:

If anyone has their booster at central plaza in the next couple of days would be great if they can share the experience.

Wondering if it will be a horrendous crowd scene with both Thais and Westerners packed in tight or if it will be well organized with a choice of vaccine and an updated certificate to leave with?

I did post my experience at the booster vaccine session as you requested.

Seeing as you could not be bothered to respond I won't be doing this again.

I have better things to do.

Good luck with your quest.

Edited by Lite Beer

20 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Which was what?

I got my booster.

Did you?

That it was a vast crowd scene which you need to be prepared for along with very long waiting times.

Leaving my attempt until the last day and meanwhile exploring any alternatives options.

COVID booster update:  I pitched up at Central at 1025 this morning for my 3rd jab; and I left to return home at 1045.  The whole process, including the obligatory 10 minute wait after the jab, took only 20 minutes. At no time was there a queue at any of the admin desks and I just sailed through.  I'm well pleased!

The only difference compared with the previous two visits last Sep and Oct is there is no hard copy issued and the details go on the app.  

6 hours ago, sheepshank said:

COVID booster update:  I pitched up at Central at 1025 this morning for my 3rd jab; and I left to return home at 1045.  The whole process, including the obligatory 10 minute wait after the jab, took only 20 minutes. At no time was there a queue at any of the admin desks and I just sailed through.  I'm well pleased!

The only difference compared with the previous two visits last Sep and Oct is there is no hard copy issued and the details go on the app.  

Thanks for posting, thats amazing difference to the local reports of the last couple of days,.

Did you go straight to level 5 of central plaza and was their still a vaccine choice.?

Yes, parked at level 3, rode the escalator to level 5 and breezed through the procedure in the Vaccination Hall, with my step-daughter acting as translator, whilst I smiled sweetly from behind my face nappy and signed a couple of forms which were in Thai.  There was a choice of Sinovac, Astra Zeneca and Pfizer.  The whole experience was an absolute delight!

1 hour ago, sheepshank said:

Yes, parked at level 3, rode the escalator to level 5 and breezed through the procedure in the Vaccination Hall, with my step-daughter acting as translator, whilst I smiled sweetly from behind my face nappy and signed a couple of forms which were in Thai.  There was a choice of Sinovac, Astra Zeneca and Pfizer.  The whole experience was an absolute delight!

Thanks for that, maybe the previous was rush due to a huge demand for Moderna only available yesterday, and not offered to you today and maybe now the allocation is finished its quieter.

Edited by sapson