Why can I not make sense of things

Almer

My Wife’s sister and family have just gone Omicron Positive and live next door, the sister owns the village shop.

The health people came out to confirm that they are in fact positive, at which time they told us to stay in for 14 days and put red tape around the perimeter of our house, my request to why fell on deaf ears. We have now had a phone call from the medical team to go to the local clinic for  a Covid test <deleted> 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Are you and your wife being asked to go for a test?

10 hours ago, Almer said:

We have now had a phone call from the medical team to go to the local clinic for  a Covid test <deleted> 

We have a couple of village shops and I have noticed that the owners hardly ever bother to wear masks. But apart from locals they also get a lot of passing trade since they are both on the main road. IMO it is only a matter of time before they catch something and consequently spread it around the village.

• Sad 1

What's hard to understand?  Next door relative came up positive, you were asked to isolate for now and go get tested.

It's not like the house next door were a family of strangers.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I lived next door to a lot of Thais in various parts of Thailand and they were strangers for the entire duration of the stay. Had zero interest in meeting them.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only farang in that category.

Me too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bbko said:

What's hard to understand?  Next door relative came up positive, you were asked to isolate for now and go get tested.

Agreed, and now after being told to isolate for 14 days we find ourselves amongst 1/2 of the village who use the sister in laws shop absolute chaos the medics were 1 hour late coming and and another hour of set up and photoshoot, the head man is in his element on the mic but shows what a pr!ck He is after selecting all his family and friends to go first, typically shows Thailand at its very worst, my feeling if I get Covid it will be sat in this tent with many not distances themselves and twice people around me have hat to be told to put masks on there face not there chin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbko said:

It’s how it is

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

That's not unusual for a village.  I've read about this many times.  The local health officials are very strict about this.  You test positive, stay home. And they check on you to make sure.

But we havnt tested positive havnt even had a test

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why can't you make sense?

Living under a rock for the last 2 years?

What I don’t understand is why we have been told to isolate but than instructed to go out to the clinic for a Covid test, i don’t need the likes of you to ask where I’ve been living the last 2 years. Read my initial post and assuming you got anything between your ears you will I hope understand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I lived next door to a lot of Thais in various parts of Thailand and they were strangers for the entire duration of the stay. Had zero interest in meeting them.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only farang in that category.

I could not tell you 1 neighbors name, in 20+ years.  If not family, or someone I invited to or got invited to their home, I haven't a clue or care who you are.

On Topic .... obviously, they think the virus floated over to your house.????

... that's why you keep all test results to yourself.

Edited by KhunLA