How to get booster (third dose) in Bangkok (got 2 previous doses outside Thailand)

Central Vaccination Center (CVC) at Bang Sue Grand Station in BKK has a walk-in line for those needing boosters who are outside of the Thai health system. They're offering Pfizer for free. Bring your passport and previous jab evidences. Don't forget to the get the yellow slip of paper before you leave, and check that all of your bio data is correct. 

https://www.facebook.com/richardbarrowthailand/posts/489955169157418

Edited by RubenRemus

Download the QueQ app from App Store or Google Play. You can make an online booking for any booster you want - Moderna, Pfizer or AZ. 

App menu is in English, but vaccination centers are in Thai. Overall pretty easy to manage though, our whole family got a booster appointment within a few days at the Thonburi vax center.

It's for first, second and third shots, Thai citizen and foreigners. I don't think they distinguish whether you had your other shots abroad.

Gd luck!

Edited by heiri007
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RubenRemus said:

Central Vaccination Center (CVC) at Bang Sue Grand Station in BKK has a walk-in line for those needing boosters who are outside of the Thai health system. They're offering Pfizer for free. Bring your passport and previous jab evidences. Don't forget to the get the yellow slip of paper before you leave, and check that all of your bio data is correct. 

https://www.facebook.com/richardbarrowthailand/posts/489955169157418

Thank you but it seems Bang Sue is for people who have got their previous doses in Thailand.

1 hour ago, heiri007 said:

Download the QueQ app from App Store or Google Play. You can make an online booking for any booster you want - Moderna, Pfizer or AZ. 

App menu is in English, but vaccination centers are in Thai. Overall pretty easy to manage though, our whole family got a booster appointment within a few days at the Thonburi vax center.

It's for first, second and third shots, Thai citizen and foreigners. I don't think they distinguish whether you had your other shots abroad.

Gd luck!

I didn't know about this app, I'm going to give it a look. Thank you !

12 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:
2 hours ago, secondtime said:

Pay for a Moderna shot.

No problem to pay, but where ?

The first tranche of Moderna which was delayed well over 6 months and delivered last November has probably all been allocated. There was a delivery of 3.7 million Moderna shots the first week of January which is part of the second tranche. I would inquire at the nearest private hospital as they were the ones that got the first lot.

Bumrungrad are taking orders and vaccinating with Moderna now.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/packages/moderna

Read the small print for eligibility. I think they are still beholden to the 6 months since the last jab (of two) rule.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/getattachment/c32cf159-a064-4a39-a22c-147e2370fc66/Fact-Sheet-Moderna-Gen-1-Lot-2-ENG-V4-2-KW-26-08-2021.pdf?lang=en-US

Edited by NanLaew

There are already numerous threads in this topic, just go back a few days.

Bottom line, just book at MedPark.  Forge t Bumrungrad, still refusing to provide a date (could be months away) but Medpark is taking appointments for late Jan into Feb. We just did this a week ago. Contact them on Line first for further instructions.

Edited by eppic

42 minutes ago, eppic said:

Bottom line, just book at MedPark.  Forge t Bumrungrad, still refusing to provide a date (could be months away) but Medpark is taking appointments for late Jan into Feb. We just did this a week ago. Contact them on Line first for further instructions.

Thank you. Looks like a great hospital, I didn't know it (I'm registered at BNH). I'm going to contact them.

We searched for a place that would do this for quite some time.  Called ahead, confirmed we could get a Pfizer booster after 2 initial Pfizer jabs.  No luck.  Most places are only giving Pfizer boosters to those who've had Sinovac, Sinopharm or AZ.  We went to several places trying to get our booster.

Finally, got a recommendation from Richard Barrow's Twitter feed.  Download the QueQ app and search for THG.  Pick a date and then a time and you can get your booster there.  We got ours yesterday.  It's in the Thai PBS building up near Don Muang.

I think Bang Sue is doing it also, but it's a very long wait in line.  Thai PBS was really fast.  In and out in under and hour, including parking!  Super staff there, all social distanced, and you can get your proof of booster right then.

15 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

We searched for a place that would do this for quite some time.  Called ahead, confirmed we could get a Pfizer booster after 2 initial Pfizer jabs.  No luck.  Most places are only giving Pfizer boosters to those who've had Sinovac, Sinopharm or AZ.  We went to several places trying to get our booster.

Finally, got a recommendation from Richard Barrow's Twitter feed.  Download the QueQ app and search for THG.  Pick a date and then a time and you can get your booster there.  We got ours yesterday.  It's in the Thai PBS building up near Don Muang.

I think Bang Sue is doing it also, but it's a very long wait in line.  Thai PBS was really fast.  In and out in under and hour, including parking!  Super staff there, all social distanced, and you can get your proof of booster right then.

Thank you for your advice. Did you get Pfizer as a booster ? I got 2 Pfizer and it seems getting Moderna as booster is the best solution, slightly better than getting a third Pfizer jab https://www.homage.sg/resources/covid-vaccines-booster-shots/

Was it free or did you have to pay ? 

19 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

booster dose in Bangkok

Based on what little info you've provided...

this one:

18 hours ago, secondtime said:

Pay for a Moderna shot.

16 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

but where ?

in Bangkok? Just search on the interwebs and FB, look for private hospitals.

Google Private Hospitals Bangkok Moderna

Some have reported success at https://www.praram9.com/en/

You can also try the grey-market where folks are trying to sell their Moderna reservations.

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Based on what little info you've provided...

this one:

in Bangkok? Just search on the interwebs and FB, look for private hospitals.

Google Private Hospitals Bangkok Moderna

Some have reported success at https://www.praram9.com/en/

You can also try the grey-market where folks are trying to sell their Moderna reservations.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 10:49 PM, eppic said:

Well, I contacted them: they answered very quickly but they want you to pay BEFORE to give you an appointment. It's not fine for me.

On 1/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, heiri007 said:

Gd luck!

Well, I just booked for Feb 3 and it took few seconds. I'm going to try to contact them about the fact I got my two previous shot in Malaysia. Anyway, thanks again for your help !

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2022 at 7:33 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Went this morning and everything worked smoothly. They didn't take care my previous shots were outside Thailand, everyone was friendly and trying to help. Thank you so much again for your help !

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 7:57 PM, anotherfarangishere said:

Went this morning and everything worked smoothly. They didn't take care my previous shots were outside Thailand, everyone was friendly and trying to help. Thank you so much again for your help !

You used the QueQ app?

Where did you go?

Which booster did you get?

Edited by mtls2005

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 10:09 AM, mtls2005 said:

You used the QueQ app?

Where did you go?

Which booster did you get?

"Finally, got a recommendation from Richard Barrow's Twitter feed.  Download the QueQ app and search for THG.  Pick a date and then a time and you can get your booster there.  We got ours yesterday.  It's in the Thai PBS building up near Don Muang."

I used the QueQ app, went to the Thai PSB building and got Pfizer (as I already got Pfizer for the two previous doses).

Thai PSB seems well known from taxis. It's also very close from Thung Song Hong station on the new Red Line.