Confusion

appleman_thai

Hi,

I just opened a new restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 23 and made a really cool website to back it up.

www.thaiconfusion.com

Problem is that a lot of people say they are not getting through on it. After hours and hours of searching I found that asianet are caching an old page on cache1.asianet.co.th. I checked my web stats and it gave 500 unsucessful requests......

When i log on to www.thaiconfusion.com i get an old page and I use asianet. IF i go directly to www.thaiconfusion.com/index.htm everything works perfect.

Can I ask some of you to try the link... from other ISP's and let me know if you can see it OK. perhaps you could tell me what ISP and what package you are using.

I would appreciate any help................. looks like the name of the restuarant is making more and more sense!!

Thanks in advance

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback..... looks like its only asianet that is messing up with their proxies. Anyway, this morning they seem to have got things working ok.

I changed the typos.... thanks RDN...... (i would love to say that they were purposely there to add to the CONFUSION - but alas that wouldnt be honest of me!).

And as regards to the suggestion that this was a trick to get people to access the website.............NO WAY - but I will use it for the next website!!!!

Hope to be feeding one or all of you in the future........thanks for the help

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback......... thanks RDN...... (i would love to say that they were purposely there to add to the CONFUSION - but alas that wouldnt be honest of me!).

:D Sorry appleman (I do like Cox's Orange Pippin myself, but have never seen them in Thailand), just spotted another typo - "truly" does not have an "e". Don't know why I didn't spot it yesterday :D.

Anyone know where I can get a job as an English proof-reader? :o

• 6 months later...
Hi,

I just opened a new restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 23 and made a really cool website to back it up.

www.thaiconfusion.com

Problem is that a lot of people say they are not getting through on it.  After hours and hours of searching I found that asianet are caching an old page on cache1.asianet.co.th.  I checked my web stats and it gave 500 unsucessful requests......

When i log on to www.thaiconfusion.com i get an old page and I use asianet.  IF i go directly to www.thaiconfusion.com/index.htm everything works perfect.

Can I ask some of you to try the link... from other ISP's and let me know if you can see it OK.  perhaps you could tell me what ISP and what package you are using.

I would appreciate any help................. looks like the name of the restuarant is making more and more sense!!

Thanks in advance

Closed already? I came there to eat and no more tables! What happened?

Yes, under renovations at the moment. Should be open again in a week or two.

but there is a really long story behind all of this. Suffice to say that "legals" are involved and as soon as I can say more I will definitely be posting updates here. I think my experience in the last year will be very interesting for other people thinking about doing business here.

As I said many times before.... dont trust anyone here!

Hi,

www.thaiconfusion.com

Problem is that a lot of people say they are not getting through on it.  After hours and hours of searching I found that asianet are caching an old page on cache1.asianet.co.th.  I checked my web stats and it gave 500 unsucessful requests......

When i log on to www.thaiconfusion.com i get an old page and I use asianet.  IF i go directly to www.thaiconfusion.com/index.htm everything works perfect.

Can I ask some of you to try the link... from other ISP's and let me know if you can see it OK.  perhaps you could tell me what ISP and what package you are using.

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...
Yes, under renovations at the moment.  Should be open again in a week or two.

but there is a really long story behind all of this.  Suffice to say that "legals" are involved and as soon as I can say more I will definitely be posting updates here.  I think my experience in the last year will be very interesting for other people thinking about doing business here.

Hi,

www.thaiconfusion.com

Thanks in advance

Opened again? And what about your experience about business in los...? (you were about to tell, a few months ago)

Well it really is a long story. But in a nutshell, i had agreed a price to sell, contracts signed etc and I was happy to be getting back to my real job full-time.

However, on investigation it transpired that the person who I had the lease with was not actually the landlord........ this created some legal questions and problems that I am still trying to sort out. I sold the restaurant for a much reduced price but I believe my lawyers and the "supposed" ladnlord still have some questions to answer.....the long story just continues.

Again, dont trust anyone...... i tried to do everything legit through lawyers but still there were issues...........

Yes, under renovations at the moment.  Should be open again in a week or two.

but there is a really long story behind all of this.  Suffice to say that "legals" are involved and as soon as I can say more I will definitely be posting updates here.  I think my experience in the last year will be very interesting for other people thinking about doing business here.

Hi,

www.thaiconfusion.com

Thanks in advance

Opened again? And what about your experience about business in los...? (you were about to tell, a few months ago)