Tourism organisations bullish on return of "Test and Go"; THA predict 300,000 foreign tourists in February

webfact

36 minutes ago, CLW said:

I give the new 1+5 hotel and testing requirement 1 month until it will be scrapped and reverted to the old Test&Go scheme.

Personally I have no problem with being tested as many times as they want but the hotel requirement on the 5th day is just ridiculous.

There would be a few half baked tweaks soon, only to demonstrate activity, without any tangible results. The northern winter is more than half through, soon the Mediterranean resorts will start opening.

Australia just abandoned pre and post flight PCR tests completely, they need to do this and more to attract any meaningful numbers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PEE TEE said:

Samui was busy over the new year but now the beaches are almost empty again . i cant see with all the hassle of paperwork insurance test and go and test will bring them back . will see by the end of Feb 

Wait for the Samui sandbox numbers in a month or two...looks like it would be again 1000 visitors coming with 100 flights.

3 hours ago, skorp13 said:

I feel the 5th day test and back in the hotel will put a lot of people off, were better off leaving it as it was!

Totally illogical, Arrive, test, one night in hotel, morning negative, out you go but must come back day 5 for second test, stay one more night. Smoke and mirrors to call it test and go.  

• Like 2

surely these announcements are only to appease the suffering citizens of thailand and give them a little hope to cling to?  or there is simply a deluded view that tourists are so desperate to come here that they will risk a hospitel holiday plus all the other extra tests and expenses.

or maybe its both

Those who manage to navigate their way through these hoops then get to walk around in the tropics wearing face masks....sounds like the perfect vacation 

2 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Samui was busy over the new year but now the beaches are almost empty again . i cant see with all the hassle of paperwork insurance test and go and test will bring them back . will see by the end of Feb 

Quite a few people on Bophut each this afternoon!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile the Thailand Tourism Business Association echoed the optimism but cautioned against the government backtracking again. 

nothing else to expect from TAT then,  but backtracking on their optimism  555

Edited by Mavideol

11 minutes ago, Devlin said:

I visited Thailand under test and Go in December. I was astounded at the bizarre and extreme over the top precautions the authorities are taking, especially with Omicrion, it's a cold we're talking about, not Ebola!  Space suits in pharmacies, hotels and airports is simply bizarre! Temperature checks at 7-11s and hotel foyers...really! In the UK, I  travel to work daily by bus, train, and visit the shops daily. Aside from the elderly, it's only the weird, odd, strange socially inept people that still wear masks.  If Thailand doesn't abandon the Covid Theatre soon, it is finished as a tourist destination for ever, whether that be High class elite tourism or mass popular tourism.  

I was there in pattaya in april it was a waste land a part from soi boakao caution at the airport was just theatre, thai's are scared of there shodows they are incapable of seeing covid for what it really is especailly omicrom and no leadership dosent help

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

Sorry but that 300K is wishful thinking. Especially with the two separate night hotel stays. I predict half of that number, 150K.

And virtually all of those who come will be uttering, "We didn't know we'd be put in a Covid Prison if we tested positive," as they are enjoying their stay locked up in an expensive hospital. Especially those forcefully separated from their kids.
I don't see how anyone in the right minds comes here with The Sword Of PCR-Testing dangling over their heads by a horse-hair.  No less bringing their children too.  <head shake>

Looks like someone from TTA has joined the THA. The only people coming to Thailand will be Thais and Expats to their families,

Anyone else thinking of going will have just been release from the Madhouse. Even when all these virus has been cleared it will take a very very long time to return to normal. We can be looking at two to five years at the very least if ever.

Sad to say the Old Thailand has gone.