trees a problem near the house

hello guys don't know if anyone has had this problem.. perhaps you can help..we bought a new house 2 years ago on a complex 15 houses or so ..the back wall to our garden has large ..very tall trees i thought they would have been cut or at least trimmed..i was wrong               the branches overhang the house my gutters are blocked constant and are not in a position i can get to clean them..my garden is full of huge leaves constant tidy up a few times a day but its like peeing into the wind..gets nowhere  ..ive contacted the builder who says the owner of the land doesn't live in Thailand and has no contact number..we had a pool in the garden for the kids had to take ot down leaves falling in constant... does anyone know the legal distance of the wall of a property to the trees surrounding a building....im dreading the rainy season gutters no use at all thanks for any help

3 hours ago, bbko said:

I had a similar situation where the neighbor's trees hung over the property line and I was always having to rake the leaves.  Over the years my wife would ask them the trim their trees, and they would but one year they didn't, even after several reminders.  So we went to the local amphr and spoke with the tessabaan, they came out, looked at the property line and spoke with the neighbors.  A week or two later the owner cut down all the trees ????.  

If you can't contact the owners, I'd talk with the area tessabaan and see what they advise.

thanks mate .. people who own it don't live in Thailand... according to the builder .but these things are tall really tall the leaf problem is bad enough but the thought of one of these coming down on the house is worrying..

5 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

thanks mate .. people who own it don't live in Thailand... according to the builder .but these things are tall really tall the leaf problem is bad enough but the thought of one of these coming down on the house is worrying..

At one point I was considering extending my roof or installing an awning so any of their leaves would land on my roof/awning and fall back into their yard, but the thought of my rain water running into his yard stopped me.

Is someone renting the place? Maybe speak with them about trimming back the trees or as suggested earlier speak with the area tessabaan and see what they advise.

Good Luck.

15 hours ago, bbko said:

At one point I was considering extending my roof or installing an awning so any of their leaves would land on my roof/awning and fall back into their yard, but the thought of my rain water running into his yard stopped me.

Is someone renting the place? Maybe speak with them about trimming back the trees or as suggested earlier speak with the area tessabaan and see what they advise.

Good Luck.

no mate its a vacant piece of Forrest behind my wall cannot contact anyone..

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Just cut them down, if there's nobody to contact, there's nobody to complain.

↑↑↑ This, trim the branches and if by chance some woody weed killer/glyphosate happens to find it's way to the freshly cut areas...som nam na.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:45 PM, bbko said:

↑↑↑ This, trim the branches and if by chance some woody weed killer/glyphosate happens to find it's way to the freshly cut areas...som nam na.

these trees are 3 times higher than my house i couldn't get to the branches even of i wanted to 

Where I live in the US, any branches hanging over my property are fair game for me to cut off. I suspect there is a similar law in Thailand. If so, I would contract someone experienced with tree trimming to remove all of the branches hanging over your property.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, donx said:

Where I live in the US, any branches hanging over my property are fair game for me to cut off. I suspect there is a similar law in Thailand. If so, I would contract someone experienced with tree trimming to remove all of the branches hanging over your property.

Same goes for Australia (and I suspect most countries in the world) any branches hanging over the fence into your property, you have the legal right to cut back. But whether this law/rule applies in Toon Town I have no idea.

It appears the trees are on vacant land, I would suggest that a few holes drilled into the trunks near the base, then pour in some herbicide, this should stunt the growth .  Be stealthful about it as you are possibly breaking the law

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Are the trees healthy? If they fall, can they hit your home?

yes there are 6 huge trees behind our boundary wall a few metres away  the branches are actually over our roof if these trees come down house flattened sure  

Just now, Harveyboy said:

yes there are 6 huge trees behind our boundary wall a few metres away  the branches are actually over our roof if these trees come down house flattened sure  

cant tell if healthy or not but they are blooming tall

5 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

It appears the trees are on vacant land, I would suggest that a few holes drilled into the trunks near the base, then pour in some herbicide, this should stunt the growth .  Be stealthful about it as you are possibly breaking the law

yes but if these come down the house is gone

3 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

Make sure your home owner's insurance covers you if those branches come crashing down.

• Like 1

Do not listen to anyone telling you to kill the trees, as you say, they can fall on your house whether you cut wedges or not.

The insurance mentioned above is a good idea, if you don't have it, get it. If you do have it, have your wife call the insurance company. She should tell the insurance company she is afraid the trees are going to fall on the house, and ask them is you are covered. They should know how to legally get rid of the trees. 

Or, if the trees are healthy, attractive and provide wind and sun breaks, hire an arborist, and have them laced out.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

That's what those in the trade refer to as "hat-racking"

That said, hideous as they look, they almost always come back. 

It amazes me that they do bounce back from Thai pruning. 

3 hours ago, grain said:

It amazes me that they do bounce back from Thai pruning. 

I worked in an industrial park for twenty years that had at least five kilometers of road with mango trees every five meters on both sides of the road. The first year I saw them cut such that they looked like sling-shots. I thought they were taking them all out. They\ trees came right back, and they trimmed them the same way every year, and every year they all came back. 

On 1/26/2022 at 2:05 AM, donx said:

Your not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.

Just a FYI post; When my wife & I wanted 4 really tall coconut trees cut from our property (20mt?), the cutters brought in a crane, a crew of 4+1 (crane operator) with a couple of chain saws, cost 5,000b.