Growers get ready: confusion over cannabis legalisation is about to clear

webfact

3 hours ago, marcusb said:

Couple years back they legalized/decriminalized small quantities in Mexico. Unfortunately most of the policemen didn't get the memo and they still fine/extort money from smokers, especially tourists.  

Could see that happening here as well. 

When I was a tourist, two security guys at Big C tried to extort money from me for smoking a cigarette.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Paulaew said:

But I would not feel so all alone

Everybody must get stoned

-- Bob Dylan

Well a Rainy Day Woman was slang for a joint back in the olden days. The earlier "420".

And "12 & 35" is said to refer to Proverbs 27:15; not sure I understand that reference though?

"A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike.”

12 times 35  = 420 ! 

Pretty sure the Waylon Jennings song, Rainy Day Woman is NOT about reefer, but he did like to partake.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, marcusb said:

Couple years back they legalized/decriminalized small quantities in Mexico. Unfortunately most of the policemen didn't get the memo and they still fine/extort money from smokers, especially tourists.  

Could see that happening here as well. 

Yes, Mexican Police have quite a few similar habits to Thai ones.....

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

My Missus told me last night, that we can now grow ganga, I tried to explain to her, NO you MAY be able to grow hemp, but first you'd have to register with the govt, then they will take the flowers and leave you with leaves and stalks. Then I asked her "would you eat the leaves and branches of the Durian trees, but not eat the Durian ?" Her eyes glazed over, and off she went to clean the kitchen. LMAO.

or maybe she just understands life better than you ?

THC will also be legal shortly.

So funny how most people understand nothing and see nothing coming. But I would even feel worse if my Thai partner would know anything better than me...

42 minutes ago, thierryviteau said:

THC will also be legal shortly.

Can you share any detail, background, history, publications, thai FB pages, which support your declaration?

And what does "shortly" mean? Days, weeks, months? Years? Decades?

And if THC is not currently legal, how will it be made "legal"?

Will the Psychotropics Act be changed to remove THC?

Will it be legal for individuals to grow? Any strains? Can seeds be sourced from outside thailand? Indoor/outdoor? Any limits?

Can they sell their production to others? Will they collect VAT? Who can they sell to?

Will you be able to smoke in public? Any restrictions?

I guess there is a pro-Cannabis march/protest/event today and tomorrow, in/around government house.

272305946_410657224137907_2216982063503207986_n.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you share any detail, background, history, publications, thai FB pages, which support your declaration?

And what does "shortly" mean? Days, weeks, months? Years? Decades?

And if THC is not currently legal, how will it be made "legal"?

Will the Psychotropics Act be changed to remove THC?

Will it be legal for individuals to grow? Any strains? Can seeds be sourced from outside thailand? Indoor/outdoor? Any limits?

Can they sell their production to others? Will they collect VAT? Who can they sell to?

Will you be able to smoke in public? Any restrictions?

I guess there is a pro-Cannabis march/protest/event today and tomorrow, in/around government house.

272305946_410657224137907_2216982063503207986_n.jpg

There is an article on BP that says Thai FDA is drafting a bill that will be reviewed next month, no cannabis cafe  but for the first time they say that it will be regulated and talk about recreational weed. Interested times are coming ???? They call it limited recreational use. I ll be shocked if they only open CBD shops.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thaichina said:

There is an article on BP that says Thai FDA is drafting a bill that will be reviewed next month, no cannabis cafe  but for the first time they say that it will be regulated and talk about recreational weed. Interested times are coming ???? They call it limited recreational use. I ll be shocked if they only open CBD shops.

If they open CBD shops, GPO could cut their prices and quadruple their revenue on volume.  Using hospitals as gatekeeper simply constrains their revenues and profits.  Come-on man!  Greed is good!  <laughs>  Open up the flood gates!

9 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Tons of Thais are growing 6 plants  now.

Since it's not yet legal to do that, why they are restricting themselves to 6 plants? Just wondering ...

Paul Laew

Edited by Paulaew
punctuation, if you really need to know

37 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Tons of Thais are growing 6 plants  now.

Is that measured by weight?

Define tons. Feel free to use examples.

Yes, there are some government approved cooperatives, with a group of local participants, all growing under one roof.

https://www.facebook.com/วิสาหกิจชุมชนผลิตสมุนไพรเพื่อการแพทย์-อคูเมือง-105401168048161/

272601619_5209351182410565_4947731557644728402_n.jpg

48 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

Since it's not yet legal to do that, why they are restricting themselves to 6 plants? Just wondering ...

Paul Laew

... they aren't, that would be the front yard.

Just like over the last decades, only now it's way more of them.

Good.

3 hours ago, Paulaew said:

Paul Laew

Plausible deniability.
"Anutin say we can grow 6 plants." 
Which he did.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, there are some government approved cooperatives, with a group of local participants, all growing under one roof.

https://www.facebook.com/วิสาหกิจชุมชนผลิตสมุนไพรเพื่อการแพทย์-อคูเมือง-105401168048161/

Define "tons" - about half the Thai people I know (mostly moms and pops) are growing in their gardens and throwing it in their Tom Ka or Tom Yum.

On 1/25/2022 at 9:16 AM, Paulaew said:

Paul Laew

Yeah - well that's Thai politicians/press for you.

The message seems to have got to the people that 6 is ok. So they believe they are within the law. 

My part in this is listening and shutting up. I ain't getting involved with their crazy Tom Kha Gai "Green".

It's all leaves anyway - and they are probably using hemp seeds. I think the "technique" they employ is throwing a bunch of seeds in the garden and hoping. So I don't think any of them are in danger of getting high.

Edited by pedro01

On 1/25/2022 at 9:55 AM, mtls2005 said:

Stop being a pedant, you know perfectly well what the term means.