Growers get ready: confusion over cannabis legalisation is about to clear

webfact

They are not going to allow private citizens, let alone aliens (with or without spouses) to grow any cannabis.

Cannabis will not be normalized, decriminalized or be made available for medical (unless under the control of the GPO) or recreational purposes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Couple years back they legalized/decriminalized small quantities in Mexico. Unfortunately most of the policemen didn't get the memo and they still fine/extort money from smokers, especially tourists.  

Could see that happening here as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

They are not going to allow private citizens, let alone aliens (with or without spouses) to grow any cannabis.

Cannabis will not be normalized, decriminalized or be made available for medical (unless under the control of the GPO) or recreational purposes.

Agreed. It's simply a bridge too far.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Really

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam, the government’s legal guru, has advised people to wait for the air to clear as authorities sort out the issue.

If they laid off the bong for a while, the smoke would clear, but smoking hemp wouldn't get a fly high, Why oh why don't they know the difference between hemp and marijuana, if they did then they would realize, the govt could make more money with less plants. ????  

• Haha 2

It's a long time that they are ready... to sell !!! Tons of weed with plenty of THC is already grown in Thailand and ready to be sold as soon as it is legal. Then you have the clowns who still do not understand from whom this decision has already been taken...

Thailand is the next weed paradise and I am so happy that all the grumpy old men and idiots, who were against legalization have failed... one more time ! It must be weird being an idiot living in the past without any intention to improve ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

yes so many champions like you who understand every single situation very well ! hahahaha I can't stop laughing !!! Thank you ❤️

30 minutes ago, thierryviteau said:

Thailand is the next weed paradise and I am so happy that all the grumpy old men and idiots, who were against legalization have failed... one more time ! It must be weird being an idiot living in the past without any intention to improve

OK, I'm grumpy, old, an idiot, living in the past but I am NOT against legalization. My home state (U.S.) has been legal for a few years. Other than long lines, things seem to going well there.

I do follow this subject closely here, and am aware of thai "drug-law" history. Hence I feel comfortable saying what I say, cannabis normalization, decriminalization, recreational use: fughetaboutit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Mansplaining at it's best.

Her house, her choice, let her do as she likes.

Mine keeps me informed of the current laws and has told me,
"Gun-Cha coming soon.  Wait little bit!"

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

Never tried it myself cos you have to know where to get it but have known some guys who have quit the booze in favour of the weed , some for medicinal reasons and some for the high/relaxation . Have you made the change from drink to weed ? what price for say 1 months smoking . Have a friend who was given the oil at a government hospital , to treat his insomnia and he now has a good nights sleep 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Actually, that's exactly what they are going to do.  I'm not taking this from these English language article, but from what my wife is saying based on Thai News.  Thais will get the promise Anutin made - "Thais will be able to grow cannabis like any other Thai herb."  I expect that to happen.
Remember:  Anutin For PM.  Happiness To The People!.

"After the announcement, possession of cannabis will no longer be an arrestable offense, according to Public Health Ministry’s deputy permanent secretary Thongchai Keeratihatthayakon. Neither will growing marijuana bushes get you into legal trouble – as long as they were not being cultivated for industrial purposes."

• Like 2