Tax Refunds 2022

10 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

I didn't mind any but cheque is probably easier. If they allowed PromptPay like for Thais (they wouldn't accept one that's linked with phone number, only to Thai ID card number) would be even easier. Ah well, can't have it all.

Not the case at my local revenue office. I use PromptPay to receive my tax refunds. Have done so for the past 2 years without being linked to a Thai ID card. This year showed my pink id card as I left my passport at home. No issues at all with revenue office personnel processing my tax return.

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

Not the case at my local revenue office. I use PromptPay to receive my tax refunds. Have done so for the past 2 years without being linked to a Thai ID card. This year showed my pink id card as I left my passport at home. No issues at all with revenue office personnel processing my tax return.

That's good to know. I submitted online, with PromptPay information but got that letter for KTB bank, saying not allowed to use my account, as I am not Thai citizen - only allowed to point to PromptPay linked with ID Card. That was the message together with that letter.

Amazing consistency across the government ????

On 1/25/2022 at 4:14 PM, Yellowtail said:

What is the deadline to file?

It used to be the end of March but with Covid it was extended I think last year. Not sure for this year.

Also from memory you can file later but you have to pay a fine which used to be 100 baht but may have increased to 200. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...