Carpet or artificial grass

chrisjr761

I’m looking at building my sim inside a room at the rear of my house and I’m looking for some advice on the flooring. Ive bought a 5ft x 5ft hitting Matt to sit in the middle, but would also like to cover the rest of the floor (tiled at the mo) in either carpet or artificial grass. Which is the best option from an asthetics point and a safety durability.

A good contract grade carpet would be best wear wise.. Aesthetics is personal choice. 

If sim means a driving rig you'll definitely want double stick down. 

That's where the underfelt is glued to the floor then the carpet is glued to the underfelt. 

We would use that in high traffic high wear areas.. Hotel lobby and corridors amusment arcades bingo halls night clubs. That kind of thing

40 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

A good contract grade carpet would be best wear wise.. Aesthetics is personal choice. 

If sim means a driving rig you'll definitely want double stick down. 

That's where the underfelt is glued to the floor then the carpet is glued to the underfelt. 

We would use that in high traffic high wear areas.. Hotel lobby and corridors amusment arcades bingo halls night clubs. That kind of thing

synthetic grass

thank you for your response.

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

what does this mean  ?     what is building a sim    ?

And why is @chrisjr761 putting a very fat person there to hit and sit on the floor? 

3 hours ago, chrisjr761 said:

a 5ft x 5ft hitting Matt to sit in the middle,

Along with slavery? 555555

Edited by sometimewoodworker

On 1/27/2022 at 10:46 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

Carpets smell in tropical climates.

This nonsense again? I've been to a lot of hotels, movie theaters, offices and homes with carpeting that did not smell. 

Yes, if your prostate or bowels are in poor condition, or if you get drunk often and wet or vomit on the floors, tile would be a better choice.