Nine Omicron BA.2 sub-variant cases in Thailand to date, first case found on January 2

webfact

18 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:
On 1/26/2022 at 1:55 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Did he say it was?  Most reports say that the symptoms of Omicron are "like flu". 

Your news is fake news. Show me those reports.

No his news is all over the Internet supplied by such organisations as the BBC, SKy NEWS and even the WHO and many many more, perhaps you should try to come out from under your cloud of conspiracy and take a look at the reports by some of the best scientists across the world.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Yes and links that prove that vaccines help stop transmission have been provided literally dozens of times.

You still banging that drum, massive vaccination rates in UK, massive infection rates.

Vaccines stop severe illness.........

Edited by sungod
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

No his news is all over the Internet supplied by such organisations as the BBC, SKy NEWS and even the WHO and many many more, perhaps you should try to come out from under your cloud of conspiracy and take a look at the reports by some of the best scientists across the world.

Surprising how many "best" scientist have come to the surface telling their stories, I am not interested in their theories an I do not believe in conspiracy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Are those members able to judge the credibility of this links ? Internet is full of them and many contradictory so who or what to believe ?

Easy to fact check the sources. If from social media, ignore it, please.

Lots of credible sources out there.

1 hour ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Are those members able to judge the credibility of this links ? Internet is full of them and many contradictory so who or what to believe ?

The statistics, infection rates, advice, etc, that I've quoted in this thread are from the NSW Australian government and are published on their websites. Up to you whether you believe them. Personally, I do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Albert Zweistein said:

I believe them too but NSW is not the whole world.

Well of course that's true, but it is an advanced society of 8 million people, with excellent scientific and medical knowledge. It's taking a similar approach to Omicron (we have no choice other than to live with this) as places like the UK (a place where 67 million people live), and elsewhere.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sungod said:

You still banging that drum, massive vaccination rates in UK, massive infection rates.

Vaccines stop severe illness.........

The take up of booster jabs is actually not very good. The infections in UK are pretty much 100% omicron now, and the earlier vaccinations alone are not preventing infection. What you state is correct..... 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The take up of booster jabs is actually not very good. The infections in UK are pretty much 100% omicron now, and the earlier vaccinations alone are not preventing infection. What you state is correct..... 

And as of February 1st  Denmark is lifting almost all restrictions regardless and returning to life as before Covid.

https://www.newsweek.com/denmark-end-most-covid-restrictions-welcome-life-we-knew-before-1673373

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

I believe them too but NSW is not the whole world.

But credible organizations like this exist in every modern country.  Again, easy to find credible data.  Sadly, many fall for the fake news on social media or dodgy websites.

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Are you going to post that year old article again?  Omicron is a different beast.

And the vaccine has been proven effective.  Hardly nonsense.  Unless you've a covid denier???

Great article here about them.  And they are one of the biggest reasons the pandemic is extending.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/02/01/david-oliver-covid-deniers-precarious-jenga-tower-is-collapsing-on-contact-with-reality/

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, sungod said:

Grateful if you could stay on topic, not denying vaccines aren't effective, I am saying your statement now with omicron that vaccines stop transmission is old hat.

Hard to deny covid when my entire family had it ???????????? BTW, the wife and I were vaccinated. In fact many of my vaccinated friends have had it too!

Was just looking at all the highly vaccinated countries, all experiencing massive infection rates, so being jabbed stops transmission?  Pull the other one.

Being vaccinated does reduce the chances of severe illness/ death though, that's great news.

Saying that it does stop transmission is reckless though. People will believe they are super immune, and therefore let their guard down and infections will increase.

Your misinformation is irresponsible. You should stop.

Misinformation?  Hardly.  Vaccines do stop transmission. Just not 100%.  Better than not being jabbed.

Highly vaccinated countries are experiencing high infection rates.  But!  They aren't ending up in the hospital or dying like before.  Why?  The vaccines.

Never told anyone to let their guard down.  I'm boosted with Pfizer.  Still mask up, avoid indoor spaces and social distance as much as possible.  Not much else I can do.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/covid-19-booster-dose-helped-neutralize-omicron-study-1.5732693

New research out of Europe has found that a booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine could produce sufficient antibodies to "neutralize" the Omicron variant.

But after administering a booster dose of the Pfizer vaccine, or a single vaccine dose to those previously infected, the researchers found this led to a "significant" increase in antibodies, sufficient to neutralize Omicron.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/omicron-evades-immunity-better-than-delta-danish-study-finds-2022-01-03/

11 hours ago, Capella said:

Well of course that's true, but it is an advanced society of 8 million people, with excellent scientific and medical knowledge. It's taking a similar approach to Omicron (we have no choice other than to live with this) as places like the UK (a place where 67 million people live), and elsewhere.

Do you mean the NSW that has record deaths today? That NSW?

https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-deaths/nsw

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Do you mean the NSW that has record deaths today? That NSW?

https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-deaths/nsw

Yes, that one. Sadly, Omicron does kill a very small fraction (do the maths) of those it infects, particularly those who are very old indeed or have comorbidities. Omicron has already infected around a fifth of the entire population here (perhaps more because not all are reported), so the chance of a healthy person succumbing to it really is very small indeed. 

Lockdowns are now completely futile (if that's what you're suggesting, Dan), and that's why one country after another is opening up. Or do you have any better ideas?

• Like 2