Nine Omicron BA.2 sub-variant cases in Thailand to date, first case found on January 2

webfact

oMiCRoN is definitely not a problem here. I've never seen cases over 7-8k reported and deaths remain well under 40 per day as I recall.

Students returning to class.

UK removing many draconian mandates, some EU nations following. US is removing ridiculous mask mandates as the truth becomes more and more undeniable.

Looks like the charade is coming to a head.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

why does it seem to be killing more than 2K/day in the US among the unvaccinated

You have answered your own question. 
Just read the last word of your reply, in fact just to be sure I will write it again for you UNVACCINATED.

Remember also that FLU kills thousands every year and that is why we can have a vaccine to us some protection from it, but as with all vaccines they will NOT stop us from catching Covid or flu but they do give the body a chance to fight the infection thereby reducing significantly the severity of the symptoms.

(See also the report on the BBC today for a wider picture)

So overall the advice is get vaccinated it makes sense.

3 hours ago, Saanim said:

I assume you are listening also to people in the industry that makes good profit out of it.  (ever heard of a well running business that wants their market be finished?) 

Link to prove what you are saying. Otherwise....

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Variant 123 then Variant 1234 then Variant 12345 then bla bla bla...Fear fear fear bla bla bla.....Why some posters here continue to support this madness is beyond me....

Spoken like a true covid denier

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Considering the chaos Omicron has caused, I'd say it's far from worn out.  Do the research on this new variant.  Who knows, but it could be <deleted>.  It's taking off in Europe now.

I have to disagree with you.  Delta caused chaos.  Omicron hasn't.  They are letting it go and you can't find a happy headline to save your life.  Deaths are so low it's the people hanging on by a thread to succumb, unlike delta.  

Our curve is going down here and there is talk of relaxing restrictions and sticking a fork in this.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And Omicrons baby brother has arrived.

Nope. Just brother or sister. Came from the same parent. Pretty much the same thing but seems more contagious. This is a good thing. Delta is all but gone in many places. B2 is now pushing out B1 and we are rapidly moving toward the endemic stage. 

Edited by dinsdale

49 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

I have to disagree with you.  Delta caused chaos.  Omicron hasn't.  They are letting it go and you can't find a happy headline to save your life.  Deaths are so low it's the people hanging on by a thread to succumb, unlike delta.  

Our curve is going down here and there is talk of relaxing restrictions and sticking a fork in this.  

Thousands of flights canceled. Serious disruptions to supply chains. Hospitals full. Right. Just mild....bs

• Like 1

As for the BA.2 mutation i wouldn't be too worried 

It's dominant in Denmark and we lift all restrictions next week if all goes well.

Even if we still have 40k positive per day.

7 hours ago, TheScience said:

oMiCRoN is definitely not a problem here. I've never seen cases over 7-8k reported and deaths remain well under 40 per day as I recall.

Students returning to class.

UK removing many draconian mandates, some EU nations following. US is removing ridiculous mask mandates as the truth becomes more and more undeniable.

Looks like the charade is coming to a head.

No charade.

Just a new variant that cause less problems so we can treat it like an ordinary virus, that is not a critical threat to society.

No reason to say it's like the truth had been hidden or such.

It's a virus that caused a lot of problems and needed to be dealt with.

Now we're just lucky to have to the omicron variant that cause less problems.

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Link to prove what you are saying. Otherwise....

Link to "a well running business that wants their market be finished?" 

No, I do not have a link to such a general fact.  Do you?

Do you always require a link in a debate?

Or are you asked for a link if you say e.g. "The vaccine absolutely helps Stop transmission"

1 hour ago, TheScience said:

I was one that said 4-5 years with possible residual hangover (scam hotels and PCR tests) perhaps forever.

This hasn't had anything to do with public health it's fear mongering which in the end supports a money and power grab.

Just today here on TV reports of scamsters charging b330 each person for an ATK test (no notification) to go onto mafia island Koh Samet.

This isn't smallpox. A person has no responsibility to take an experimental vaccine, wear a stupid mask or whatever to protect vulnerable people in the general population from falling ill. It's the responsibility of the individuals at risk to take precautions as they see fit. This is the way it has always been until now - woke, mass psychosis. Tools.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.  George Orwell, 1984

You have definitely gone full conspiracy now.  Time to think outside of the box.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Your news is fake news. Show me those reports.

It's true. Omicron on an INDIVIDUAL level is very mild.  On an OVERALL level, is devastating.  Just look at the global impact, not to mention the number of deaths it's already caused, primarily among the unvaccinated.

It's still raging in many parts of the world. 

22 hours ago, Capella said:

Omicron is just like a common cold. I've had it, and so have lots of people I know. 

The media doesn't want the crisis to end, for obvious reasons. 

It's time to put covid behind us and get back to living our lives. 

Your experiences are exactly that, your experiences. There are reports that the omicron can cause cold like symptoms in some, and worse symptoms in others. It is still flooding UK hospitals. Particularly for those who have had no prior infections, or no  vaccination.

The virus itself is not under the control of governments, and your paranoia is not justified. Media simply want to bring us news, and bad news is what works for them. 

Omicron likely will put Covid behind us, but until deaths are few, it cannot be.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 7:24 AM, billp said:

Incredibly poor journalism not to explain the meaning and significance of this bit of jargon that was just thrown in. Usually, if you press them, scientists will explain in terms the general public can understand.

I thought position 69 was well known enough not to have to explain?

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Your experiences are exactly that, your experiences. There are reports that the omicron can cause cold like symptoms in some, and worse symptoms in others. It is still flooding UK hospitals. Particularly for those who have had no prior infections, or no  vaccination.

The virus itself is not under the control of governments, and your paranoia is not justified. Media simply want to bring us news, and bad news is what works for them. 

Omicron likely will put Covid behind us, but until deaths are few, it cannot be.

Whatever matey - all you'll do is complain to the forum cops to get opposing views censored if I try to engage you in a discussion on this, so bye ????

Edited by Capella

9 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's true. Omicron on an INDIVIDUAL level is very mild.  On an OVERALL level, is devastating.  Just look at the global impact, not to mention the number of deaths it's already caused, primarily among the unvaccinated.

It's still raging in many parts of the world. 

Do you know anybody who survived Omicron ?