Travelling With My Daughter Out Of Thailand

punisher

Hi,

I like to fly with my 5yrs old daughter to Hongkong disneyland.She has a german and a thai passport,in both passports she has my familyname,Do i need any documents more than her passports?For example birth certificate or approval from her mother or whatever else?thanks in advance for any comments

Hi,

I like to fly with my 5yrs old daughter to Hongkong disneyland.She has a german and a thai passport,in both passports she has my familyname,Do i need any documents more than her passports?For example birth certificate or approval from her mother or whatever else?thanks in advance for any comments

We did the same last month but the mother (Thai passport for mother and daughter, Oz for me) was travelling too. Nobody asked for anything other than passports. Mother's passport has no name link to daughter's name or mine, as it went, she (the mother) could have been anyone, no checks.

A complicated form that is touted to be the official UNICEF or UN form when 1 parent is travelling with a minor has been posted on this site at least 3-4 times. Google it and you should find it. I can't believe all that is needed for a 3 day trip to a country that requires no visa.

On the other side: Disneyland is OK for 2 days, if you make it weekdays then 1 day. Stay at the Disneyland Holywood hotel 2 days if you can. Bring swimming suit, great swimming pool there after Disneayland closes (8pm, with fireworks).

Great and inexpensive restaurant (buffet) in the hotel. No smoking, no balconies, no windows to open but very nice.

Hi,

I have no experience but I would expect some questions. I would carry the childs birth certificate to link her to you and a letter from her mother (named on certificate) saying she gives permission. At least that way you are prepared. I've seen other posters who have said they have done the same

Hi,

I have no experience but I would expect some questions. I would carry the childs birth certificate to link her to you and a letter from her mother (named on certificate) saying she gives permission. At least that way you are prepared. I've seen other posters who have said they have done the same

Thanks alot,well,i thought i will take he birthcertificate and a letter from her mother,but im still not really sure if this really enough,on the other hand what else should they ask for,but Amazing Thailand!!!

Hi,

Why would you need the approval of the mother?Does she not look like you?

If you're worried, take her birth certificate. I think you'll never be questioned if the passports have the same surname, unless she is screaming at immigration that she is being abducted.

Hi,

Why would you need the approval of the mother?Does she not look like you?

If you're worried, take her birth certificate. I think you'll never be questioned if the passports have the same surname, unless she is screaming at immigration that she is being abducted.

When I took my kids out by airplane I had to have the birth certificate and a letter from the mother. They told me that this had to be done the first time. Now that my kids have stamps in and out of the country it has never been asked again.

If the mother is not travelling with you a letter of consent from her is required the first time although I have never been asked to show it, the UK Embassy suggested I take this to avoid any problems leaving Thailand or entering ths UK.

My son has my family name.

Better safe than sorry and mess up what sounds like a fun trip.