Best ways to transfer money from US to Bangkok Bank account here?

23 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

There is no special setup required before making a request for Fidelity to initiate an international wire transfer to your Thai bank. I provided my Bangkok Bank details (just the SWIFT code, my bank account number and the name on the account).

Also realized that my Fidelity account name has my middle initial while Bangkok Bank account has middle name spelled out. Wonder if that would be a problem with transfers?

2 minutes ago, david_je said:

I just tried to add my Thai number, but adding a number requires a verification code be sent to my already registered U.S. number, so I guess I will have to coordinate later with my brother who can check that phone. By the way, the site has a "primary number" and a "secondary number". During the transfer funds call to Fidelity, you can select which of those numbers to call you on?  How long for funds to reach your Bangkok Bank account? Thanks for your help.

You can probably add your Thai number to your profile by calling Fidelity. Then when you arrange the transfer you can instruct Fidelity which number in your profile to call.

SWIFT transfers usually take about 24 hours to be received, unless over the weekend.

Paul Laew

3 minutes ago, david_je said:

Also realized that my Fidelity account name has my middle initial while Bangkok Bank account has middle name spelled out. Wonder if that would be a problem with transfers?

No, it is not a problem, mine is set up exactly the same way. Just inform Fidelity of the name on your Bangkok Bank account.

Paul Laew